3. Navigator of the Seas
Party of 10 arriving the night before. Stayed at Holiday Inn Express on State Rte. 84. Free airport shuttle to hotel. Asked about getting the shuttle to the pier with the front desk. They use All-Star transport for a reasonable price of $8 per person. Chose to pre-pay for a transfer to the airport on return for $12 pp. We were picked up with all hotel guests and transported by bus to the pier. Filled two vehicles and trailers. Embarkation was quick, easy, and painless. In fact, go with the 11:00 pickup. We breezed through the process and were seated in the Windjammer before 12:30. Dining in the Windjammer was the oddest experience we have ever encountered. I don't know if it was because of the class of ship, or because we haven't cruised with RCCL for a couple years. One night we went up for a late night snack at 10PM and it had closed at 9PM. Another time, at 5:30 because we wanted to try it instead of the MDR 5:30 seating. Guess what? Closed from 4:30-6:00PM. Better check their hours of operation in the Cruise Compass. Off hours snacks are available in the Café Promenade, but mostly sandwiches and pizza. By sandwiches, I mean mostly a hunk of bread with skimpy toppings. Glad we ate in the MDR the other times. Very good service and didn't find the portions or selections lacking. Enjoyed a glass of wine for $11. I don't normally drink, so I guess I had sticker shock. Cabin 3023 was your basic room. Plenty of storage under the bed. If you have hot flashes or just like your room cold, choose another room. I brought it to the attention of the cabin steward twice. Maintenance even came and took a look at it. I think the fan wasn't working. Just settled, as there wasn't another choice. This block of rooms was really pretty secluded. Tucked off in a hallway next to the elevator bank. Only negative, was trying to get to your room after the shows in the Metropolis Theatre. It was perfect for a group. Really quiet. The port in Falmouth is brand new. No fears. We did the Dunn's River Falls with RCCL because of the length of the drive. If we had docked in Ocho Rios, we would have grabbed a cab. Drive it like you stole it... New phrase should be drive like you are in Jamaica. Head on crashes, motorcycles passing between buses and oncoming traffic. Yikes. Port to the Falls was 1 hour and 20 minutes. We were the oldest in our group climbing all the way to the top. Videographer was VERY pushy. They don't herd you thru the craft market on your way out anymore. Big plus. Maybe that is only if you docked in Falmouth though. Highly recommend this excursion. Grand Cayman-We did a sting-ray city tour for $45 with a local outfitter (Capt Marvins). Walk two blocks left from the pier. Water is crystal clear and sting rays have been handled in the wild for the last 60 years. Then we took 2 short snorkels stops while out in the bay. Again, no fear. Even saw a 6 foot barracuda. They provide juice, water, snorkel gear and life preservers for those who need that comfort. Haiti-I love the beach but wish we had options of seeing the real Haiti. Not just a private beach with barbed wires and security walls. The craft market is HIGH pressure. I recommend that if you don't like that sales tactic, stay in the big building near Adrenaline Beach. BBQ style lunch is provided in 3 pavilions. Ribs, chicken, burgers and dogs. Salads, fruits, and desserts. Grab a Labadoozie while on the beach. They mix them strong, but delicious. If you want to drink from a pineapple hull or coconut, grab it when you get off the pier. It is the only place it is offered. $10. One formal night on Day 2. Oddly, lobster night in the MDR wasn't until day 5. If you are smokers, plan on bringing home cigarettes. 4 cartons of Marlboro for $111. No tax. But be aware that you can only bring home a certain amount without claiming thru customs. I thought the cruise director Jeffery had a dry sense of humor. Refers to certain people as "losers". (People that wait in line, etc.) Who does that? I hate having the TV on the room. But DH has to turn it on first thing. Big Bang Theory and Broke Girls in several different languages seems to be on everyday. Same episode and everything. Disembarking- If you use the self-assist walk off. Take notice they depart from deck four. There is not a marked entrance to the Metropolis theater on that floor. We were in line at 6:15AM. I don't think the Customs Officials even arrive at the dock until 7AM. Once there, easy-peezy.

Great time had by all

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by bwright9369

One formal night on Day 2. Oddly, lobster night in the MDR wasn't until day 5.

bwright9369’s Full Rating Summary