3. Costa Diadema
This cruise was a part of our honeymoon, so I spent extensive amounts of time researching and planning. I am writing this review because I found it difficult to find a straight-forward review. We loved it & would have booked sooner with more confidence if it wasn't for the cruise snobs complaining about the smallest trivial things! This is what we wanted in our cruise: 1. Clean and comfortable 2. A way to see a lot of Europe without having to re-pack our bags every day 3. Good food 4. Stopping at good ports 5. Fun activities on the cruise (although we spent most of our time on shore) And we got all of it! Here's what I was confused about even after reading all the reviews: 1. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY WATER. I drink a lot of water, so it sounded like you have to buy every cup. That's only if you're in one of the fancy restaurants that you have to pay extra for. There's Buffets for every meal that is included in the cruise without extra charge and all the free water you want. People seems to complain for the extra cost of water at the fancy restaurants but that's typical if you ask for bottled water at any restaurant. You can also buy bottles of water on the ship, we prepaid for 12 large 2 liter bottles for like $3 a piece. Really reasonable and we were never thirsty. 2. There's open breakfast buffet upstairs, but you can eat a nice sit down breakfast downstairs at no extra charge. You can order eggs, burritos, and any of their pre-set hot meals. I guess europeans are used to eating small breakfast (like cheese and croissants) so it wasn't crowded downstairs. Lunch buffet has pasta, pizza, salads, etc. So no extra charge to eat, only at the fancy restaurants that you need to make reservations for. Also, the ship does have a lot of Europeans, I think we only ran into a few Americans, but there was no problem communicating in English.

Great Cruise, don't listen to the Cruise Snobs. We went for part of honeymoon!

Costa Diadema Cruise Review by ytakata

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Italy
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite with Ocean View Balcony

This is what we wanted in our cruise:

1. Clean and comfortable

2. A way to see a lot of Europe without having to re-pack our bags every day

3. Good food

4. Stopping at good ports

5. Fun activities on the cruise (although we spent most of our time on shore)

And we got all of it!

Here's what I was confused about even after reading all the reviews:

ytakata’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Diadema price drops

Grand Suite with Ocean View Balcony
Cabin GS 7155
Beautiful, clean, large, new and very comfortable
Condé Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins