We decided for our 32nd anniversary to take a cruise on a different cruiseline then we usually go on. Royal Caribbean is our usual choice. Anyway I searched online ALOT and read ALOT and finally decided to go on Holland America. WHAT A MISTAKE!! Well out of 4 ports we got to visit 3 and on the fourth one all excursions were cancelled. Oh but we got $12.11 and a free glass of champagne. Well if you don't drink then WHOOPIE!!! Everything that was done on board, exercise, wine tasting, mineral pool, and so on was a charged for it.

The room steward was horrible. My husband had a little cut on his foot, bled a little on the bottom sheet, well it became our top sheet the next day. We never got clean sheets, they were just rearranged. I purchased a coke card to get cokes on board without further charge, well the diningroom and the buffet on the Lido deck told me, We cant accept those here. I finally, after paying for about 8 cokes, went to the front office and told them, and I got, "get a name". Well that is not my job I am there on vacation.

The food is the only thing that I can say we really enjoyed on board. We don't drink, so maybe this is why we had such a bad time. It looked like if you drank, you had a super time. Anyway on this cruise, I can tell you that we were not the only unhappy ones. People all over the ship were complaining. If Holland America offered us a free cruise, I would decline. This is how bad I feel about this cruiselines. It has some of the most uncaring staff that I have seen on any cruise ship. I could go on & on endlessly. I would never recommend Holland America to anyone. I was told that this was the Cadillac of cruiselines, Well give me a Buick Park Ave Ultra anytime!!

Other than sinking, it could not be worse

Eurodam Cruise Review by ratlpn

• Sail Date: March 2009
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Signature Superior Verandah Suite

ratlpn’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Signature Superior Verandah Suite
Cabin SY 6098
Good balcony, Poor use of space, Poor room stewards.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins