Celestyal Majesty Cruise Review

Butlins at sea.

Celestyal Majesty Cruise Review by cuthwaite

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: Canary Islands

I was always told "if you have nothing positive to say, don't say anything at all"! However, after reading some of the reviews I felt I should give my opinion.

Firstly I agree with all that ' STEVE L 24' said in his review, This ship is not tired, as some have kindly referred to it, but should be RE-tired! It's so well past it's best I believe it's beyond redemption. The cleaning staff do there very best to try and bring the best out in it but honestly I think it's fit for the scrap yard.

The cabins are so small you spend your time dancing around your partner, there is no room to swing a gerbil let alone a cat! The bathroom towels were dirty washed out grey and threadbare or torn. Our cabin steward done a sterling job keeping it clean. We complained about our shower being so hot you risked third degree burns under it and there was no way of controlling it, we were told a plumber would be straight there to sort it, Two days later no plumber just a note asking if WE had sorted the problem.

The food is no better than a 3* all inclusive, yes it may be served nicely to you in the restaurants but it was still the same food served at the buffet.

I approached the egg station on our last morning to witness the chef spitting in the sink where he washed his hands. He was not alone, one of the glass collectors, on the top desk, happily found a secluded spot behind the sunbathers and was also witnessed spitting his afternoon away.

The drinks package is like no other, we have cruised many times with other cruise lines and always purchase the drinks package, never before have I had to pay supplements for cocktails. Also they were not serving the premium brands that you were led to believe you would. I ordered a Bacardi and coke and thought I had received a dark rum by mistake so returned it, however, when I received the same tasting drink I approached the bartender myself, he handed the Bacardi bottle to me to smell and I instantly informed him it was not Bacardi in that bottle. He sheepishly opened a new bottle in front of me and just laughed.

Now We are not snobs, as some people are being accused of on this site, we have high expectations when we book high quality holidays, thus I did not have high expectations for this holiday. But never in a million years would I have expected this.

It was very Benidorm like around the pool, but I don't mind that we just went up to the next deck to be squashed in like sardines while being covered in soot from the funnels.

There was nothing pleasant about this cruise other than disembarking for home.

cuthwaite's Full Rating Summary

Cabin inside 360

Cabinet rather than cabin. No room to swing a gerbil never mind the cat.

cuthwaite