3. Marella Dream
We wanted to try the transatlantic after 7 previous Thomson cruises. After booking the itinerary was changed - these things happen. We were informed we owed £37.84 (we did not) oh it was a computer glitch! The flight was fine. Our bus to the ship dumped us outside the cruise terminal in 30+ heat. We struggled to attract any attention to get a Thomson or Tui person to come and aid our access to the terminal. Finally on the boat the cabin was fine. We disliked the constant pushing of extras. The ship was used as a training ship with lots of new staff. The waiting times were long . No napkins - issue with laundry, long waits for courses - issue with galley. I felt for the staff as they are such a strength for the company. One night one little Phillopino girl was the only waitress in the theater, poor kid apologizing for wait times. The bar service was slow and customers were sent away from the bars to wait for a waiter and indeed wait we did! i did not like the supervisors (clad in white) telling their staff off in the public arena, it is not nice to see, public humiliation is a poor motivator. Cabin steward was good, waiter in the Orion Hendrick was good too. I felt sorry for them having to placate people for issues they had no control over. The buffet was poor, the food did not seem to be as high quality as in the past. Palma airport chaos and only 1 Tui staff sending us the wrong way. The Spanish airport staff had to sort the chaos out and re direct us to the Scandinavian queue! I was mildly concerned Sweden beckoned but no all was well. i have tried to be fair I do fell that the way to describe this cruise was inconsistent. Even the oranges were dry and pithy! The entertainment was good, reasonable singers we have had some really sharp women in the past - dancers were the best ever, Cruise director was fine I liked the way he kept the progressive quiz light and humorous Weighing it all up we will stay clear of the Dream and I do feel since Tui took over we may well swerve Thomson. I have always praised their product in the past but this has made me reconsider.

Not Such a Good Dream

Marella Dream Cruise Review by jolinbra

Finally on the boat the cabin was fine.

jolinbra’s Full Rating Summary