Marella Dream Cruise Review

Thomson Dream or Semi-Nightmare

Marella Dream Cruise Review by purplemanalishi

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean

Cancelled a cruise to Israel. Didn't fancy Beirut and Jerusalem at the moment.Told my wife, 'Found another but I'm afraid it's on the Dream'. 'Hopefully in 4 years it has improved', said she. Not so.12 Thomson cruises in 4 years. 10 superb, 2 poor (both Dream). Inadequate serveries, shocking 'at table' drink service and a complete lack of friendliness. I am a naturally friendly guy and usually leave ships with several crew 'friends'. Not one white suited officer spoke to us the entire time and mostly averted our glance as we passed by. Landra in deck 11 bar a shining example. It took three to replace him at break time.

This the only ship where we felt we were an intrusive customer.

Spoke to a two bar officer Slyvan about the Lido service. His reply was,' That's OK I'm in charge of Sirens and the Orion'. Sums it all up I feel.

Good stuff...Room service, food quality,

Minuses..Respect, information flow, at table drinks, waiters forgetting who was who, officers only caring about staff and cutting customers dead and the 8am 'out of your cabin' time.

I am told that the Spirit...boooo and the Dream...hooray are being replaced by replacement ships next year.

Pointless writing to Thomson....Good or bad they never reply.

The Celebration (4), Spirit (3), Majesty (2), Island Escape (1) and the good old Destiny (1) all fantastic, friendly and so so memorable.

All Thomson ships, a cry from all.....Heat the pools!. At sea days...whirlpools full, pools unused. They are flippin freezing.

purplemanalishi's Full Rating Summary

Cabin outside 5052

As good as any.

Pompeii Walking Tour

2+ hours with no break. Male guide going through the motions. Ladies are so much better.

View All 505 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews