Sun Princess Cruise Review

Out first cruise; what an absolutely magnificent experience!!

Sun Princess Cruise Review by PaulD13

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was our first cruise and its duration, embarkation point and destinations were what determined that we take this cruise, it was deemed to be a bit of an experiment to see if we both enjoyed this way of travelling and relaxing. We were not disappointed, it was the experience of a lifetime which was made even more enjoyable by every one of the staff. We have already booked our next cruise and is the way we will be holidaying into the future.

I particularly enjoyed the art auctions, and purchased a number of paintings (3 x Daniel Wall - hand embellished giclee and 2 x Patrick Guyton unique variations). I know there have been criticisms of Park West however to date our dealings with the staff associated with the auctions were first rate and was happy to purchase what I did, especially as I went in with a view that we only purchase something if we really like it.

The cabin was the perfect size, however I recommend that where possible stay in a cabin with a balcony or at least a view.

Meals were magnificent and we were lucky to dine with four wonderful people each evening which made the cruise even more enjoyable. I do however suggest that if possible take the stairs when ever you can and not the lift, I can see that it would be quite easy to stack on a lot of weight, the food is to nice to pass up and you always seem hungry (must be the sea air). I do suggest you bring a suit that is perhaps a size bigger than you would wear normally - the formal evenings are usually later in the cruise and by then you may have added a few pounds (i know I did).

The entertainment was wonderful also and I attended shows and other cultural events that I would not have considered if I had not been on the cruise.

I have not been on any other cruise ships however if the next cruise is as half as good as this on was I will be extremely pleased.

From a personal perspective regarding ports we visited, sadly I would not recommend any of the places we went ashore other than Kuala Lumpur & Singapore. I struggled somewhat with the climate however I mostly struggled with the constant harassment by the locals trying to sell me something I didn't need or want. It got to the stage where we had to escape to some place that was free from this unstinting pressure to buy something, these places of solitude and peace are almost non-existent in Langkawi, Penang, Kuta and Phuket however I suggest you locate them so that you can escape when the pressure mounts. Our next cruise is in the Mediterranean.

PaulD13's Full Rating Summary