3. Disney Fantasy
This was by far the best cruise we've EVER been on! Disney sure does know how to do a cruise! My husband and I took our 2 kids ages 5 and 9 and we traveled with 15 other family members as a mini family reunion. Disney made us feel so welcome. The embarkation process was so smooth and simple and we were on the boat in no time. As we boarded the boat, we got a huge personalized welcome over the loud speaker from the crew. I was so impressed! The food was outstanding! I loved that I could get fresh fruits and vegetables and other lots of great food. There wasn't much chocolate onboard though, but I can do a week without chocolate. Our dining servers were so friendly and did quite the amazing job. The room was set up very well and was very organized. I loved the bunk beds that came out of the ceiling and that the crew would make up the bunk beds every evening and put them away in the mornings. There was lots of storage under the bed and in the closets...even in such a small space. The bathroom was setup very well with one bathroom having a tub/shower and sink and the other bathroom having a toilet and sink. The onboard entertainment was spectacular, especially the firework show in the middle of the ocean. The kids club was amazing! There were so many activities for our kids and my husband and I could have a lot of alone time and hang out in the adult only pools and lounge chair areas on the front of the boat. I always felt comfortable with the kids club workers and knew our kids were in excellent hands. One of my favorite features of the cruise, was after the kids ate dinner, the kids club crew would come take the kids from the dining room to the kids club for activities so us adults could finish eating our dinner and socializing without worrying about our kids. We didn't book any shore excursions through the cruise line since we read it was better to book outside of the cruise for more personalized and less crowded service. However, next time, I will book through the cruise so I know I'm getting what I pay for. On Tortola in the British Virgin Islands, we booked a trip to the Baths at Virgin Gorda through Patouche Charters and it was the worst service ever! The owner, Joe Standish, had sent me an email confirmation prior to arriving stating what the excursion would entail and that we would be aboard a 36' Power Catamaran. However, when we met him at the pier, he was very agitated and rude and said this other guy would be our captain. I wasn't too bothered about it until the "other guy" took us to his boat and it was not a 36' catamaran. It was a small fishing boat! At first I thought, "this must be the boat that is taking us to the catamaran." Haha, was I wrong. The boat was so small that it wouldn't be safe to go to the Baths when we were supposed to because it wouldn't make it back in the afternoon with the winds. We got totally scammed! Patouche didn't even charter us...he sold us to another company without informing us since he was overbooked that day. I will never deal with that kind of a company again. However we didn't let it ruin the amazing experience we had with Disney Cruiseline. I know if we booked through Disney, they would definitely have non-scammers charter their excursions.

Best Cruise Ever!

Ages 7 to 9
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 06B 6160
The cabin was amazing with our ocean view verandah! The room was set up very well and was very organized. I loved the bunk beds that came out of the ceiling and that the crew would make up the bunk beds every evening and put them away in the mornings. There was lots of storage under the bed and in the closets...even in such a small space. The bathroom was setup very well with one bathroom having a tub/shower and sink and the other bathroom having a toilet and sink.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Castaway Cay
    Castaway Cay was by far my favorite place to be on the entire cruise! Serenity Beach (Adult Only Beach) was amazing and exceeded my expectations! The water was crystal clear and you could swim so far out in the ocean with still being able to touch. It was so calm and beautiful! The sand was white and soft. The kids beach area was quite crowded with all the cruise goers but our kids absolutely loved the play structure in the water and hanging out on the beach. The food was fantastic and such high quality. The island was very, very clean. I heard they sanitize the entire island after each cruise ship leaves.
    View All 456 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Virgin Gorda
    We booked Patouche Charters to take us from our Disney Cruise ship to The Baths at Virgin Gorda as well as 2 other islands. We did not receive what he stated in his email. The owner, Joe Standish, sold us to another charter company without our knowledge who put us on a small fishing boat instead of the 36' catamaran. We got wet the whole time while riding 45 minutes one way in choppy waters. We were supposed to go to the baths after all the cruise ship tours left, but instead we had to go there first because the driver of the boat didn't think his boat could make it back in the afternoon.
    We DID NOT get dropped off at the beach...we had to swim more than 150 yards to shore with 2 small children and my 60 year old mom with health issues. This was not disclosed beforehand. We had to leave all our personal belongings (passports, cash, cameras, phones, etc) onboard while we were at the beach. We got no pictures of our experience there because we had to leave them onboard.
    No snorkel gear was provided, just one pool noodle per person. Drinks included only bottled water, sprite or coke (no diet coke, no rum punch that was promised.)
    We asked about the guided walking tour and the charter guy said, "Oh, we don't do that. You can explore on your own. It's pretty self explanatory."
    When asked if they had a dry bag to put our stuff in since we had to swim so far, he said "Yes, we have a bag you can use." Which was a thin white garbage bag. Haha! I would never put my valuables in that!
    In Joe's (the owner) confirmation email, he states "Sure we can schedule a trip to The Baths that day. I will meet you at 0830 outside the gate to the cruise ship pier (10 min walk from ship). We will then board "Maverick" our 36' power catamaran for the short ride across the channel to our first snorkel spot at Cooper Island. Fabulous snorkeling at one of our favorite spots, then we go over to Cooper Island Beach Club for lunch.
    After lunch we then go to The Baths (after the rest of your cruise ship pals leave), I lead you on a guided snorkel and walking tour of The Baths and then you have at least an hour or so to explore on your own before we then head back to Tortola arriving where I picked you up no later than 400 pm.
    Cost for the day $125 p.p.(kids are $50 off) incl beverages on board, snorkel gear and of course my personal attention :)
    Does not include lunch ashore and crew gratuity."
    WE DID NOT RECEIVE THIS SERVICE!
    When I sent an email to Joe later asking about why we didn't get the boat and service we were promised, he was very rude and said that was a "generic email." He has quite the scam going and I would never recommend anyone hire him! He's very rude to his customers and doesn't provide what was promised.
    View All 217 Virgin Gorda Reviews