3. Celebrity Silhouette
We continue to love Celebrity Cruise Lines for their freshly prepared buffet meals, outstanding staff attitude and helpfulness, comfort and cleanliness of the vessel, and overall fun experience. The regular dining room offered a good selection of dinner entrees, and the food was very good, but it's always the Ocean View Cafe on Deck 14 for breakfast and lunch with it's varied choices and on-the-spot preparation that wins my loyalty. You can make healthy choices and have really good food! The watch word this cruise was "Fantastic." Every time I asked a waiter, cabin steward, or any other ship employee how they were the response was a very enthusiastic and seemingly heartfelt "FANTASTIC." This was our 5th Transatlantic crossing with Celebrity, and it's always interesting to see what has changed, or rather what services have declined or disappeared. Last year the sumptuous Main Dining Room buffet disappeared, but this year they added a wonderful Ocean View Cafe lunch extravaganza with amazing desserts, including the chocolate fountain for dessert. This year, however, Zumba classes were not free as they have always been in the past, and the WiFi plans were scaled down to a poultry $.99/ minute, $30-something for 24 hours (one 24 hour period, not 24 hours spread out beyond one day), and lastly the exorbitant $199.00 Unlimited All-You-Can-"EAT" Wi-Fi plan. Even with a loyalty discount (25%) I found that obscene. I am on vacation, not planning a streaming binge fest or so tightly tethered to my mobile device that I have to email constantly. When I inquired into the disappearance of the more varied plans from the past (the 90, 180, and 240 minute plans) I was told they were only available for "Elite" members and above. We were just 10 points shy of Elite status, so I did a really novel thing and said no to WiFi for the vacation. I didn't even bother when in port to search out free zones. It was actually quite pleasurable and liberating not feeling the need to check my email several times a day. To be fair, however, my husband was traveling with a Blackberry (free satellite connection) and I knew that were there any emergencies from home our family could still reach us. This ship had a new feature (to me), a mobile unit (Photo Booth) that took your photo with a Celebrity interior background and allowed you to email the photo and a note to anyone with an email address. I did that so I could send a photo back to the grandkids every few days (and Celebrity sent my email a copy of each photo I took to send to others--fun). iPad classes were fee based again (there were two that were free) but this particular instructor was NOT FANTASTIC or in a pleasant/good mood ever, the only grump on the ship in my opinion. Future Cruises office had a beautiful new location on Deck 4 and it was efficient and lovely and comfortable. Great time, great food, wonderful trip as always. Celebrity knows how to please its passengers. I gave up on Royal Carribean 5 years ago and have never looked back.

FANTASTIC

iluv2cnd’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C2 1210
We have never been "on the back of the ship" before and were a little leary at first, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. 1210 is dead center in the middle of the back of the ship, on Deck 10 (I could never figure out why the number wasn't 1010) so we had the extra wide balcony with the 2 lounge chairs and foot ottomans. Amazing. It was not a rougher feel than being mid-ship balcony as we have always been in the past. Otherwise it was the standard "Deluxe Balcony" room.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Honfleur
    But for the weather (drizzling for the entire time) it was charming. We opted for the "On Your Own" rather than taking a taxi or public transportation. Rick Steves loves this town, and we have already been to the Normandy Beaches, Paris multiple times, and Ruen on the last cruise, so we were anxious to see this town. I am sure in the summer it is amazing (and probably crowded).
  • Medieval Obidos Walking Tour
    We felt it was easier to take this excursion rather than arrange public transportation on our own, which was the correct decision. The destination, however, was not much. We have been to Lisbon 5 times previously and seen a lot already, so this was okay, but I would put it at the bottom of the list of sites one should aspire to visit. Bus ride was fine, guide was fine, but only a 4 in terms of interest.
    View All 11 Medieval Obidos Walking Tour Reviews
  • Vigo
    We did our own excursion, walking to the tippy-top of the ancient fort. An amazing vista awaits those willing to take the hike--if you can do stairs (A LOT OF STAIRS, beware). Breathtaking. This little fishing village has a lot more to see than one imagines just getting of the ship at the dock. Lovely. I would happily dock there again.
    View All 432 Vigo Cruise Port Reviews