3. Norwegian Jewel
I was looking for a sunny, fun vacation for myself and my 2 kids (ages 11/7). The experience can best be described as the "discount mall of cruising." We were left behind on an excursion - an absolute trauma for the kids as the bus that left us behind in a small town in Mexico had our passports, money and life saving medicines, etc. on board. After working with the local police to get us back to the port, I (very tearfully) told the senior ship officer what happened who told me 'excursions are not their responsibility.' Zero compassion or interest in our safety. Only after insisting on a refund for the horrid experience was I able to get a refund. The officer's boredom with my very scary experience was surprising and made the ordeal worse. There are hidden costs everywhere (e.g. video games are $5 per game) and the goal of the entire cruise is to syphon money, avoid interaction and ensure that passengers create their own experiences on board. I won't ever (ever) spend my vacation budget on Norwegian again. The food is worse than airline food, the service standard is 'avoid interaction' and they literally do not care about passengers safety, experience or quality of life while on board. For the $15k estimated total cost I would for sure direct other families to a different cruise line (I've heard incredible things about Disney cruises even for older kids.) Net net: bargain experience for a premium cost.

Norwegian - Unconcerned about passenger satefy