3. Norwegian Epic
I've got to be honest and upfront. My wife and I are not cruisers, nor do we plan on taking one again for a while. With that said, NOTHING the staff on board the NCL Epic did, nor the accommodations had anything to do with why we will probably not cruise again for a while. The simple fact is I would rather have the freedom to go where I will, when I want compared to being told that I need to be back on the boat at a certain time, etc. As to the boat itself... The Epic lived up to its gigantic name as anytime we docked near in port, ours dwarfed all others nearby. The ship is beautiful and clean, the staff are kind, and seemingly went out of their way to please us every step of the way. We stayed in a Spa Suite in The Haven, and it was worth every penny. Everything was first class the entire way. Marvin, our butler, and Muhammad, our cabin steward saw to our every need and knew us by name from day 1. As Haven members, we were quickly escorted to the front of any line, were given the choice of picking the best seats in the house for shows, and were able to use a dedicated elevator each morning when we left the ship. The Haven also offers you use of your own pool area, fitness, and restaurants, all of which are first class. We made good use of our unlimited beverage package, the use of the thermal spa, as well as our four free meals at the specialty restaurants (such as Cagney's.) The nights we didn't eat in a specialty restaurant, we found ourselves eating in the Haven Restaurant, where again, everything was top notch. We did not book any excursions through NCL, but rather by doing a little homework, I booked private guides for both Naples (where we went to the Amalfi Coast) and Rome (where we had an overview of the city and a tour of the Vatican) for half the cost NCL was charging on the ship. As an example, the Rome excursion with private tour of the Vatican was $1400 through NCL, where I found the exact thing from Miles&Miles for 700 Euro (for 4 people) which included the tickets to the Vatican. We did venture to the Garden Cafe for lunch and Taste for dinner one day, and after eating in the Haven Restaurant, we never went back to either. The Garden Cafe can best be described as a large cafeteria, which offers dull, uninspired food. Taste, while not as casual a setting, was just as average when it came to food and service. Now, this may come off as very snobby, but I can assure you that neither my wife and I are not. With that said, when you have the ability to eat in the specialty and Haven restaurants, there really is no comparison, so why do it? The only real knock (aside from the generic food from above, which I could live with) about the Epic would be the non-stop sales pitches they have for their extras. I get it, you're a captive audience, but it doesn't mean I want to hear it. The good news is this, once you get your bearings, you can easily avoid most of these places by popping up a deck moving to the other side of the ship, and then popping back down. All in all, if you're a cruiser, I imagine you would love the Epic, their staff, and all the action the ship offers.

NCL's Epic, Quite an Experience.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by R4Hand

R4Hand’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Spa Suite
Cabin H9 14147
Our cabin was wonderful. The bed and pillows were super comfortable, we had a ton of space and very large balcony, which I sat on every morning as we pulled into port.

Other than the amazing staff who took great care of us, the best thing about this room was the rain shower. This thing was fantastic, but one word of caution, if the ship is tilted to your side, it will overflow quickly as the drain is at the back of the shower and not near the door.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins