3. Norwegian Sun
This cruise was booked two years ago and it exceeded my expectations. I had not sailed on the Sun since 2006 and was glad to find she had aged better than I. I do not need water slides and planks over the sea...the Sun's pool deck is spacious! The mini suites are huge and comfortable. I had two stewards over the 34 days Emerson and Achmed who anticipated my every need. The South American itinerary and the repositioning Cruise had all types of weather and adventure. The destination lecturer Peter was a huge bonus! From Argentine Malbec and tangos to Falkland Island penguins to Chilean sea lions it was amazing. Going to Cape Horn with close to 100mph winds was a true bucket list item but to be able to see it all from the balcony was fantastic. Crossing the Equator was another fun experience...the ship celebrates both events in a special way...did I mention that the director Roberto coordinated the vast amounts of activities and entertainment so that there was a large participation in pool side events....not going yo describe as would not want to spoil the FUN! The music offered was tip top...the Show Band was my favorite but the performers including 4Ever ,Fabio Zini ,Jeri S and Elvie Rose drew standing ovations. Music was everywhere fro classical Amber Strings to Nathan singing in the Windjammer. Bar service was outstanding...my favorite was the Atrium Java Cafe where Marijan made great espresso as well as the best ever Caipirinha! The Specialty restaurants were very good but having to make reservations kind of takes away free style. The food and service in the Seven Seas was excellent. bar service was also swift there. My favorite was La Cuchina...this may not be 5 star dining but the atmosphere is comfort and the chili beef pizza should not be missed. Thanks to Ashley,Aileen and all the wonderful servers there! Workers came on the ship to start work prior yo the dry dock...work like this was more visible this cruise but not annoying. I had noise from the crew door across the hall from the minisuite but the forward location of 11015 was so convenient! The wifi was slow and did not work for several oft He last days but I was able to cancel and get a partial refund. Hopefully wifi will be improved. Did not use the Spa order the Gym but they appeared to be well used. Wish they would have had pool BBQ or at least food available without having to leave pool deck. Shore excursions were exciting...the weather had negative effects but that's part of being at the tip of SA. The Beach escape in Huatulco Mexico was perhaps a hidden gem...this is beautiful area to explore! Colder weather in Cabo made for no snorkeling for me. While not an excursion...getting up and 5 am to sail into San Francisco and under the awesome Golden Gate Bridge was a fitting end to a marvelous cruise!

Tango, Penguins, and 90 Degree Heat...oh My the Fun Sun to South America!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Aturnee

• Sail Date: April 2016
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Aturnee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 1015
The bathroom and closet are the best ever. Beds were not good but lines and pillows were nice!
Pool Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins