My husband and I really enjoyed the Marina because they take such good care of their passengers. I wish we would have arrived in Papeete a day earlier to see that city but didn't want to pay the extra Air Deviation fee. Embarkation in Papeete and disembarkation in Lima, Peru was extremely well organized and went very smoothly. The cabins are quite comfortable and the bathroom is by far the best I've seen on a cruise ship with marble floors and a separate tub and shower. The cabin's closet was a bit oddly designed which made it hard to open one of the doors completely but the closet space was adequate. The dining experience is superb in all venues especially the specialty restaurants. Jacques was our favorite. The only negative about the eating arrangements is that all eating venues closed by 9:30 so if you wanted to get a snack later in the evening, the only choice was to have room service because all other eating venues were closed. I didn't particularly like the entertainment and didn't participate in any activities but we did enjoy having a variety of lectures to attend. The service is impeccable and the staff seemed genuinely interested in you having an exceptional experience onboard the Marina. We chose this cruise because the ports of call included the Tahitian Islands and Easter Island; however, we understood that the weather conditions did not allow the tenders to safely transport passengers but were still disappointed that we could go to Easter Island. We enjoyed the excursions but the prices seemed to be somewhat inflated; however, I do have to say that the excursions were very well organized and executed. This was definitely a cruise for seniors and not for children as there was absolutely nothing for them to do. I think Oceania has misjudged their clientele to be country club types but, in reality, the clientele on the Marina were the usual cruisers who didn't mind the expenditures associated with this cruise experience. There was obviously a variety of interpretations of "country club casual". The dress in the main dining room was somewhat disappointing since I think there should be, at least, an effort to dress appropriately for the venue. We saw many people in inappropriate attire (jeans, t-shirts, and athletic shoes)--definitely NOT country club casual. I might choose this cruise line again (maybe for a particular itinerary) but it probably would not be my first choice as I don't think it's necessary to pay this amount of money for a very good cruise experience. The post cruise to Macchu Pichu and Lima were also very well organized and an unforgettable experience.

First Time on Marina

irisbax3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B1 8081
Christine,our cabin stewardess, and her assistant were outstanding. They anticipated our needs and took excellent care of us throughout the cruise.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins