3. Azamara Quest
What a truly wonderful cruise! We have just returned home from a 16 night "Spice tour" from Singspore to Dubai and I have to admit that I was feeling apprehensive having read some poor reviews before embarking on our journey. Perhaps those reviewers were unlucky, with the ship going into dry dock early April. I can report that The Quest is now sparkling new, with a comprehensive refurbishment of the entire ship. All public and private spaces now feel stylish and modern but still retain the elegant charm of a smaller ship. The stateroom (8015) and bathroom was smaller than the solstice, and yes the shower curtain wasnt the best, but for us that didn't really matter, with the twice daily servicing and excellent housekeeping made up for it. I'd suggest that unless you are upgrading to a suite, choose the 7th floor as the 8th is under the deck and you can hear some scraping of chairs and lounges early in the morning. The food was superb, with a different theme for every night at the more relaxed buffet "Windows" restaurant. The Patio grill, and a la carte Discoveries were equally top notch, and yes the staff are all amazing: always smiling and so warmly engaging and ready to assist with any request. Also, the complementary beverage package was great, including beer, wine, spirits and a long list of so many different cocktails. We chose Azamara since we knew it was a Royal Carribean brand and have enjoyed sailing on the Celebrity Solstice which we loved, but it is a big ship with 3000 passengers! By contrast, the Azamara with 700 and newly refrbished, feels like a mini Solstice: stylish yet less glitzy, and certainly warmer, therefore more conducive to meeting and really getting to know your fellow passengers, obviously one of the joys of travelling the world! You never feel crowded each time you arrive in port to disembark. We were probably one of the youngest couples on board (I'm 46, my husband 56) so the age demographic is definitely older than a ship like the Soltice, but that was no problem at all! Still lots of fun with great people onboard ready to immerse themselves in all the activities the ship offers (the 'white night' party was fantastic!) and have a great time.

Wonderful Cruise, Fabulous Ship!

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by Airlie.hawley

• Sail Date: April 2016
  • Destination: Asia

Airlie.hawley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Quest price drops

Modern, stylish (newly refurbished) but smaller than other ships. Balcony was possibly larger than norm, as it fitted a larger table and 2 chairs, making outdoor dining enjoyable. Smaller bathroom as well but all immaculately clean.
  Azamara Quest Deck Plans