• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

Very understaffed on Emerald Princess.

Review for Emerald Princess to the British Isles & Western Europe
luv2cruzuk
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Apr 2016
Cabin: Balcony

First of all, we have travelled many times with Princess and I normally rate them highly. I was so disappointed to find the usual Princess standards had fallen off a cliff onboard Emerald Princess.

What happened to all the crew? The ship was so under staffed it was annoying. It took ages to get a coffee in the Piazza... there was always a queue... it was ridiculous. The same can be said of the many bars around the ship, just not enough staff. We had the drinks package, but I don't think we got the most out of it because it took so long to get another drink etc!

Embarkation was good and we were on the ship in no time. We found our balcony cabin (Baja 307) which was fine. A standard Princess cabin. It did feel old though and I think Princess needs to up it's game (excluding the new Royal Class). I've travelled on Celebrity and the newer Royal Caribbean 'Quantum' class.... both are way ahead in terms of interior design. One thing that they have got right is the beds! Wow! Wonderful!

Balcony