This is our third cruise with Holland Cruise line. We have enjoyed all of them but a little disappointed this time because we had to miss two ports that we were looking forward to visiting. The ship had "Mechanical issues" and we had to remain in Napier overnight. It was very stressful because it was first announced that the ship had problems but that we would be underway soon and that we would reach Auckland on schedule. Then no more announcements and we were still docked in port. We went to bed that night only to wake up still docked in Napier. There was such a long period of time before the Captain informed us that we would be remaining in Napier and that buses would we available to take people into town and that we would be leaving at 1030pm AND would miss Auckland (no berth available) AND Bay of Islands ( not enough time to cover distance) (????). Mechanical problems happen. The lack of timely communication was my issue. We received credit for the port charges, excursions and $100 OBC as well as 20% off our NEXT cruise. To Holland's credit, they did allow us to use that 20% credit on a cruise that we had previously booked. The food was good in the Lido but they stop serving dinner at 8pm. The MDR food was excellent on the two occasions that we dined there. The Pinnacle Dining was fantastic. The food was above average with great service. The Shows were very good (some better than other's) the Holland Staff Accordion Player, she was a Great show all by herself and the BB King Band and Singers were Great. We went to the BB King lounge several nights and we didn't hear the same songs over and over. They changed it up with a variety of numbers. Very entertaining. We were every lucky to get an up sale to the Neptune Suite 5190 which was the aft wrap. The suite is well appointed with so much space and storage. A dressing room with 3 closets, as well as 4 closets in the main cabin. On a couple of nights during heavy rain and winds, my husband said the vibration of the ship woke him up. I did feel the vibration one night, but it in no way took away from the enjoyment of the cabin. I would take that up sale again in a heartbeat. The Neptune Lounge with Michelle and Anne was great and they both helped with everything. They happily made my call to Sydney so I could confirm a post cruise reservation for us. The Casino staff, Roxanne, Julia and Ernest were the greatest. We always book Holland excursions and the excursions that we did take were well organized. One suggestion that I made, was that there be a more visible Holland port guide on the pier, because in Akaroa (Christchurch) we had trouble finding our pickup point. Embarkation was smooth, (Neptune status helped I'm sure) because otherwise there were lines everywhere. Disembarkation was so fast, We were off the ship and in a cab before we knew it. The service on the ship everywhere was great. The Lido Pool Terrace Grill food is great with fast service even when they are busy.

Wonderful cruise but........

Noordam Cruise Review by ibfishing2

The Casino staff, Roxanne, Julia and Ernest were the greatest.

ibfishing2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SB 5190
Neptune Suite 5190 which was the aft wrap. The suite is well appointed with so much space and storage. A dressing room with 3 closets, as well as 4 closets in the main cabin. The Balcony is partially covered but still protected us from light rain and enough shade when the sun was out. On a couple of nights during heavy rain and winds, my husband said the vibration of the ship woke him up. I did feel the vibration one night, but it in no way took away from the enjoyment of the cabin. I would take that up sale again in a heartbeat.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins