3. Celebrity Constellation
This was a great cruise. The embarkation and disembarkation was very well organised and speedy. The ship was clean and smart and although showing its age in small ways, nothing distracted from our enjoyment. Our cabin (6042 grade 2c) was a good size with plenty of cupboard space. The balcony was nice with 2 outside chairs and a small table. The TV was a reasonable size with a good choice of programmes. The bed was large and comfortable. There is no tea or coffee making facilities but a free room service is provided. Well pleased with the cabin. The dining was exceptional. The quality of the food and the service was the best I have had (on my 7th cruise). The choice, appearance and presentation was delightful. The theatre entertainment was very good but not great. The daytime activities were many and varied. The coffee bar was top notch with all cakes and pastries free with a drink and the bar service was outstanding everywhere. The casino was large and well used in the evenings. We visited many great destinations with only 2 sea days on a 12 day cruise and we saw some amazing places. Now I have to come to some downsides of this cruise. We had a classic drinks package included in the price and I sure am glad. The drink prices on board are steep and they add 18% gratuity to every one. Likewise the internet and the excursions seemed expensive to me. The saving grace is that you don't have to have the internet or use their excursions. We just left the ship and found either a HoHo bus or a taxi and saw everything we wanted at a fraction of the price. The classic drinks package costs $55 a day on board and although not cheap, if you are a drinker, it's worth it. In conclusion this was a great cruise made better by the other passengers from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US (plus a few others) who really added to our enjoyment. I thank them all.

Outstanding First Cruise on Celebrity Constellation