Norwegian Star Cruise Review

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Nataliemyers

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

The itinerary fit the dates We could travel. And, 2 of the ports were new to me. Honduras and Belize City.

My girlfriend and I travel together often, but I don't get to go away with my kids as often as I like. This was a treat, traveling with my daughter, her husband and my 2 1/2 year old grandson.

The crew couldn't have been nicer. Being a frequent cruiser, I must say, I've NEVER sailed with a nicer crew. Best ever!! Dining was a pleasure. They really took care of us, especially the baby. The specialty dining restaurants are awesome!!

The ship was clean. There was a lot to keep us busy.

Honduras was lovely. We went to the nature preserve. Definitely a must see! The monkeys(with babies) were all over the place. Great photo ops! And iguanas GALORE! The tour guide was knowledgeable and very nice.

The shops in port were nice. Good selection of souvenirs.

I'd never want to visit Belize City again. Dirty. Nothing much to see. We did the $25 island tour doomed when we got ashore. IM glad we didn't pay twice as much booking it on the ship.

In Costa maya we did the power snorkel. FANTASTIC!! The employees paid a lot of attention to you and aimed to please. We saw loads of fish and stingrays. The beach was clean and there was always someone there to bring you a drink. It was a wonderful day.

The port was very pretty. Lots of stores and a huge variety of souvenirs to buy.

In Cozumel. We hired a taxi for the day. It cost $150 for 5 of us, and he showed us the whole city. I had never been to the far side where the water is rough. It was beautiful. And, imagine, eating a breakfast of shrimp empanadas for just $.60 per person. YES! 60 cents!!

Nataliemyers's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 10566

Very small. Nice balcony. Larger than the ones on the newer ships. Bathroom, especially toilet area, was TINY. I'd probably go for a mini suit or better next time. Great selection of movies playing in the room. All the current flix.

Horseback Riding

A must see! I'm a nature lover, and this was wonderful!

View All 35 Horseback Riding Reviews
Cozumel

Beautiful! Get a taxi to show you around. It's worth the money.

Snorkeling

We did power snorkel. Worth every penny! Lots to see and great day at the beach.

View All 88 Snorkeling Reviews