3. Norwegian Spirit
Having just returned from a cruise on Norwegian Spirit, I have to say what a very pleasant surprise I had. I had read many reviews that had made me doubt my choice, mostly about the age and condition of the ship. I am happy to say, that although not as grand as some of the other ships I have cruised on, it was in very good condition, clean and comfortable with ample restaurants and activities. The service was second to none and the entertainment was very good. The atmosphere was extremely relaxed and I really could not fault the holiday. Stirrup Cay was a lovely island (privately owned by NCL) and the ships crew worked very hard providing a bbq and buffet on the beach, the reggae band played and the drinks were readily available. I personally liked the 'anytime dining' and whilst there is no pressure to dress up, the majority of people did. It really was 'freestyle' cruising. I didn't have children with me, but there quite a few children and they appeared to be very well entertained. There was the usual, bingo, quizzes etc but no pressure to join in if you didn't want to. The embarkation and disembarkation went smoother than I have found on other cruises that I have been on, but this could be due to this being a smaller ship and therefore less people. I understand that the ship is due another upgrade this year, but whilst I agree that parts were a little dated, they were not in bad repair, it was all rather charming. I would definitely sail with NCL again.

Norwegian Spirit - thumbs up!!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Lynnpurves

I would definitely sail with NCL again.
Lynnpurves’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 11556
A lovely big bed, plenty of storage space. Everything worked - one word of warning, no drinking water in cabin unless purchased from mini bar.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins