3. Viking Sea
The maiden voyage of the Viking Sea likely spoiled us for anything else in the world of cruises. It was our first cruise, and from talking to other passengers, we have no where to go but down if we cruise with another line. We chose this itinerary for the ports of call, many were places we had never visited in our European travels. The ship was stunning, we felt we were on a 5 star floating hotel / art gallery. The staff could not have been any better, kinder, more responsive, or helpful throughout all the activities and events. We enjoyed the shore excursions, which were "just the right size". I was afraid we would be herded around in large groups, but most tours were less than 25 people. The food was just wonderful at each restaurant and cafe we tried. I don't think we were able to sample all of them, but did our best. The meal preparation was delicious. We especially enjoyed Manfredi's and ate there three evenings. The World Cafe was our favorite for breakfast, and the croissants and pain au chocolate tasted like they do in France. Several of our friends have cruised (river) on Viking and had told us their wonderful experiences, so we had high expectations. This experience far exceeded our expectations. As frequent travelers throughout Europe, we were delighted by this experience, the fellow passengers, the quality of the excursions, the food, the ship's design. I can't say enough great things about it all, to be honest. I'm already looking forward to our next adventure with Viking.

Viking offered a true world of discovery on Empires of the Med.

Viking Sea Cruise Review by AngelaStarr

AngelaStarr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Well thought out, well laid out. Loved the "night light" idea to help find the bathroom. The in-house Whisper Vox worked well for us, though I would advise people to bring their own earbuds. We had so many drawers, we couldn't fill them all. The lighted vanity was a plus, so I could get ready out of the steam from my husband's shower. Loved having the couch to relax and plan our adventures.