This cruise was to see islands in French Polynesia and travel to Lima via Easter Island. I had wanted to go to Easter Island since college- fifty plus years. This seemed to be a great way to visit. The ship was to be there two days. It was a beautiful sunny day but windy on arrival. The captain said the sea was too choppy for tenders. We circumnavigated the island with some things being pointed out when we were long past. He would not stay there to see if we might be able to land on our second day.. I took this trip to see Easter Island which was not done. A HUGHE heart brake. The ship is very nice and the food is excellent. The specialty restaurants are superb, but the main dinning room food is less good. The outside eating area, Waves, has a nice selection of sandwiches and salads with very good service. The Terrace , which is a buffet has very good food and a helpful staff. Breakfast in the room is excellent. Things arrive hot and on time. The stops in Polynesia were very nice. The islands are truly beautiful. I took a ship sponsored excursion on Moorea. The photographers were very helpful and informative.. The snorkeling was amazing - beautiful fish and the most beautiful coral any of us have seen. This was a very large expenditure of money for me and to not be able to do what I came for makes me very unhappy. When it is highly possible that a major destination of a trip be skipped, I believe this should be spelled out in no uncertain terms in all information on the trip. Soon after boarding the Mariina, I learned for the first time that there could be a problem with Easter Island. Makes me wonder if it was planned to skip Easter Island.

My Biggest Travel Disappointment!

Marina Cruise Review by philosophy

• Sail Date: April 2016
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level

I took this trip to see Easter Island which was not done. A HUGHE heart brake.

philosophy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Concierge Level
Cabin A1 9095
Very comfortable and adequate for one person. I think it would be tight for two.
Deck 12 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins