3. Serenade of the Seas
We are Diamond plus and love RCCL and were beyond excited for this cruise so you can imagine my disappointment when we go on board with our best friends and our rooms were not connected by room or by balcony as promised when we booked on our kart cruise on Legend of the seas March 2015 . It makes the trip so much more enjoyable to be connected for early breakfast or late night snack and chats . When we went to the main desk we were shocked to she at least 4 other people in the same position and some with children . I will say Daniela at the front desk was top notch in calming everyone down and trying her very best to make everyone feel heard. I train for 5 star customer service and she was amazing. When we got to her she still was smiling and said she would note it in the computer and for us to contact them when we return . See also assisted me in getting my phone set up for Wifi which I must say was the best I have ever had on any ship !! Now for the sad part while checking in we were in line next to 3 people all coughing deep lung coughs and since I'm in the medical field I knew this was not good and I was disappointed that the check in person did no question them . Clearly they lied on the health forms and not once did any of them cover their mouth. We you guessed it on the 4th day I woke up to horrendous chest and lung pain and coughing I felt so bad and weak I went down to the medical clinic , it took me 20 min to walk there I was so weak and it was hard to breath I knew I had no fever and since I had flu and pneumonia vaccine I most likely had bronchitis or walking pneumonia . The Doctor $135 , she was wonderful tested me for flu and said my glands in my throat were swollen and I definitely had lung infection. I knew at that point for me the trip was over she gave me antibiotics and cough $129 medication ( thank god we always purchase trip insurance to get reimbursed ) I had already purchased in the ship store Nightquil for $18 a bottle which is so ridiculous overpriced fro $6.50 in Walgreens . I was bedridden for 5 days and came out to the pool on the 10 day which was cloudy for a while but it was too windy . Now my amazing room attendant 9652 Made pronounced Madee was my angel everyday he would come and bring me water ice three times a day he gave me his number and said I could call anytime he would come . He cared for me like a son would take care of his mother including having chicken soup brought to me specially from the kitchen . When I could get out of bed he would help me on the balcony for some fresh air while he changed the linens because I was so worried my husband would get it . I did get a had full of masks from the clinic to avoid spreading my germs and insisted Made worn one in my room. I forced my husband and friends to get off the ship to enjoy their cruise and to stay away from me . I did get in one nights of chops one night in the dining room table Oscar Bautista 456 who was so amazing in preparing a plate for my husband to bring me each night that included soup. I tried room service twice and never got what I ordered and never warm one day my husband ordered a steak sandwich and I got a slab of steak cold cheese not melted on half of a roll I called and said I ordered a sandwich and there is only one piece of bred and the guy said yes it an open face sandwich and I said that's not the description and he laughed and said yeah I know ! So I never ordered again. As for the Islands I only got to go to Aruba which is lovely and we rented a cabana for the day $300 My husband said Grenada was the poorest island he ever saw and he hoped thru ships coming it would help the residents who clearly are very poor. St Lucia is one of our favorite places and he went to the pitons and had lunch at a Jade Mountain resort hotel up in the mountains he said while the food was fair it was very overpriced $300 for 4 people with tip they ate noting special had one beer each. We did take in a movie on first night in the movie theater which the seats need to be redone or re padded all of us had to leave half way through and many had left before us . The rest of the ship was very nice and cozy the centrum is the smallest I have ever seen on a RCCL ship but it was nice to sit and hear music at night and the main band was awesome really I would hire them in a minute for any function!! The casino I went to 3 times and sadly the smoke is awful and the automatic spray to clear the air is worse people don't respect smoking rules . The machines are way outdated and so many were broke I really think the casino needs to be updated soon most people walked in and walked out . My friend who loves penny machines and would spend all night there if she could went a few times and said its not worth her money and one night she went at 10:30 and she and two other people were the only ones. Lol I was able to get in 2 days at the pool and while people tried to hog chairs as soon as you told an attendant no one was there for 1/2 hour they would clear off their items . Everyone on the ship staff wise was fantastic and helpful and I think that's why we have made them out got too cruise line but I will say we went to book another cruise the last day and unfortunately we got Lorna who apparently doesn't really like her job . She was so rude to the people before us the got up and left and while we were sitting a gentlemen whispered in my ear she was the worst and they walked away two days prior and were now back to see someone else . I was very fatigue from being sick and really just wanted to make sure we got connecting rooms . At one point I had asked her to please repeat what she said because she was facing away when she was talking looking at her computer and she looked at me with an annoyed look and mouthed the words slowly like I was deaf . My husband was so shocked he said to her that's uncalled for and she blew him off . We finished booking to get it over with and when we got up to leave she never even say thank you good bye . While we were getting hot tea for me at the cafe behind the booking center one of her fellow booking rep came up to us and said thank you for booking and hoped I felt better since my husband had told her the day before I had been sick , when I said I had never seen a rude employee on RCCL ever and that I was going to write to to the home office about her she said she was sorry . So stay away from Lorna . The windjammer food was fantastic and I must say the burgers beef and chicken were the best I have ever had and the friendship fries are perfect . While I feel cheated I know my husband and our friends had a great time and mentioned the chefs table was great as always and the mystery dinner was fun however they wished they were not put with big table of 12 because the large group excluded them and they felt left out also despite being in Giovanni's the food was awful and cold . So I hope this helped and always buy trip insurance !!!! Getting off was as usual very slow for no reason or fault of RCCL its customs and understaffed we waited 40 minutes in line and honestly for me so fatigued and I had trouble breathing was wheezing it felt like 2 hours . Happy to say I'm home two weeks now and even though I had to go back to a doctor here and get stronger antibiotics and breathing treatment I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia but I finally feel some what normal but still coughing. I forgot to mention while I was in the medical clinic the 6 day to get my blood pressure checked there was 4 staff with same symptoms and at least 6 guests with same symptoms and I was surprised not one hand sanitizer anywhere around clinic lol everywhere on the ship but the one place they really need it and not there?

The great the horrible and getting sick

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by sandra3022

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

sandra3022’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Nice cabin couch is worn out no stuffing very uncomfortable to sit the chair at vanity no stuffing like sitting in a hole the bed was great we go the egg crate added and I asked for 6 extra pillows since I needed to sit up to sleep and they are very slender . Everything else was very nice . Smallest balcony we have ever had and our friends room was 9650 had what they call limited obstruction but it was only a small ladder that slides for window cleaning and really doesn't block anything
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans