3. Viking Sea
We have taken several Viking Riverboat Cruises. Our friends wanted to try a Viking Ocean Cruise but the size of the ship put us off a bit. We very much like the intimate feeling the River Cruises offer. The Ocean Cruise would have a long way to go to come close to a Riverr Cruise. Our friends convinced us to travel with them. We are so glad that we did. In most ports the ship was still able to dock close into the destination. This is a point that we love about Viking River Cruises. The crew was fabulous. Just like on the river boats, staff did not take long to learn ones name. How do they do that! Everyone we encountered, from the Captain and his wife, Laura, to the guys working below deck had a smile, a friendly unhurried attitude. We attended lectures by both a naval historian and an art historian. Fabulous! The art historian went out of his way to deliver to our door the name of every artist he mentioned. Both gentlemen made themselves available to passengers during meals and even on the shore excursions. The quality of the food and service go without saying. Both matched the appreciated quality of the other Viking cruises we have taken. I believe the chef can see into my head. Day after day my favorite foods seem to appear on the menus. The cabin was quite comfortable.. We appreciated the roomy showers. Even in our lower level cabin we had a veranda to enjoy and enjoy it we did. One of the included tours took us to the Archeology Museum in Athens. It blew my socks off; there was the perfectly balanced statue of Zeus and then, oh my goodness, there was Little Jockey!! Two pieces of art that I never expected ever to see. We so enjoyed the classical guitar concert on the tiny, tiny island of Our Lady of the Rocks. We also had fun around the pool during Beatles night. Singing along with ABBA, a great idea. Watching the interactive presentation that involved both technology and the ships entertainers was a new experience for us. Will we sign up for another cruise? Yes. We found Viking many years ago and would go with no other line. The company must treat its crew in an exceptional way for that is how the crew treats the passengers. We are always made to feel as though we are liked.

Only Viking

Viking Sea Cruise Review by dom o nik

dom o nik’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

We chose a veranda cabin and were quite pleased. The roomy bath room was a surprise. We were traveling with friends, whom we met many years on a Danube River Christmas Cruise, it was nice to be able to fold back the barrier on the veranda so as to be able to socialize without having to enter the hallway.
Thank you, Viking, for thinking of everything.