3. Disney Dream
would be, but several things happened.that really left us feeling bad about our much anticipated vacation. I would like to first say the ship, stateroom, and services were great. We are a family of 5, and our verandah accommodations never felt cramped. Disney thought of everything in terms of storage and sleeping bunks, 2 sinks, etc. This exceeded my expectations. The food and restaurant experiences were also very good (albeit every dinner seemed to go on 30-45mins longer than we would have liked). The servers work hard but we were left closing the place each night! They were great about my gluten sensitivity, and my children's overall pickiness. Generally I wouldn't complain about the dining experience. Now comes the bad stuff: My 13 year old and my 6 year old enjoyed the kids clubs. My 10 year old however did not. The Oceaneer clubs were listed for ages 3-12, however my 10 year old daughter felt very out of place there and that most of the activities were geared towards the younger kids. It was explained to us that she could go to the tween club (with my 13 year old), but there she felt too young and that the older kids were all wondering why she was there too. I did not feel the staff did much to make her feel welcome at either of the clubs. The real reason I could not recommend this trip to others, is for the experience we had at the Disney owned island, Castaway Cay. What started out as a lovely day (we rented kayaks/paddle boats and really enjoyed the BBQ), ended in every parent's worst nightmare. My two younger children were missing for approx. 90mins and the procedures the employees carried out in securing and assuring us their safety were deplorable. My children were found by the Disney staff and brought to a secure location within 20mins of us knowing they were lost. What was totally LUDICROUS was the lifeguards did not know this procedure, and they kept my husband and I, in a total panic and had us searching in the vicinity for the 90mins or so until we were told where they were. I had every horrible thought of abduction in my mind during this time. Thank God they were safe in the end, but what else is horrible is the way my 10 year old was again treated by the staff. She could describe exactly where we were located, and kept telling the caretakers, but they dismissed her and kept saying that "the lifeguards would be looking for us-her parents!"She was as upset as we were at our reunion. When we got back to the boat, all of us a bit frazzled we spoke to Guest Services. There the man nicely registered our concerns, but my husband and I were truly left feeling like they didn't really care to do anything different/improve the training of staff etc. The guest services rep listened, but I don't know what the follow through will be to avoid the situation for other families. I even carefully wrote out on our evaluation at the end of the trip; that we had a bad experience and I would like a representative from Disney to contact us further. It's been a week now, and still nothing. So in the end, I can only convey I was disappointed in our expensive trip that we all had looked so forward to. I really hoped it would offer fun and relaxation for all the members of our family, and honestly I and my 10 year old, still have anxiety over what we experienced. We definetly won't be looking to Disney for any vacations again.I really wish I could have just said the Disney cruise was everything I read and hoped it

Disney Dream or Nightmare?

Disney Dream Cruise Review by tryingnottobenegative

• Sail Date: April 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Now comes the bad stuff:

tryingnottobenegative’s Full Rating Summary