Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by achistory46

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Inside

This was my 10th cruise with Norwegian and my second aboard the Pearl so I pretty much thought I would be experiencing things that I am generally used to and happy with.. However I must say that the itinerary and staff on this cruise were exceptional.

The Pearl is a nice medium sized ship. Though I prefer the largest ships. the layout and thought behind the upgrades to the Pearl added many amenities to the ship you find on the larger ones without making it seem crowded.

The inside cabin i stayed in was spacious enough for me but I would not suggest more than one person though the bathroom was roomy and well appointed with a full shower to stand in so a larger person would not feel crowded.

Likewise the dining, entertainment and activities were all up to Norwegian's high standards.

But the two things I enjoyed most about the cruise were first, the itinerary which really packed quite a bit into a 10 day Canal experience without boring or wearing you out. The port choices or Curacao, Cartagena, Colon, and Puerto Limon left me feeling I received an excellent sampling of the region along with the partial transit of the Canal. This along with the excellent commentaries that the Captain gave throughout the days that we traveled along the coast of Cuba and in the Panama Canal, starting early in the morning and continuing several times throughout the day truly enhanced the experience.

Secondly the interaction between the Senior Staff and the passengers and other crew seemed exceptionally professional and pleasant. There seemed to be a vibe on the ship that left you feeling that most everyone liked working with each other on this particular ship with this crew and it really added to the feeling of a relaxing vacation.

achistory46's Full Rating Summary

Inside

Curacao

very good history and highlights of the island

Banana Plantation

cancelled because of pesticide spraying

View All 25 Banana Plantation Reviews
Puerto Limon

good overall presentations, shopping stops, beach stops, good scenic routes

achistory46