3. Disney Dream
We wanted to take a family vacation that would appeal to the adults as well as my 20 month old daughter. She LOVES Mickey and the Princesses. I had read that Disney cruises were amazing and worth the money. So I thought we would give it a try; and boy, it didn't disappoint! We started our trip with a day exploring the Magic Kingdom. We stayed at the All-Star Movie Resort. I didn't see the point of staying at a more expensive resort when we were only staying for one night. For a value resort, I thought it was fine. I loved the Toy Story décor and building we stayed in. They also had a great playground and pool for the little ones. The biggest plus to staying at the Disney resort was that the Disney Cruise line bus picks you up right at the hotel. No stressing over driving to the Port or loading luggage. It is quite a haul (90 minutes I believe) so bring snacks and activities for the little ones. I was truly impressed with Disney's Embarking process. I have gone on 2 Carnival cruises and thought Embarkation was a nightmare, like going to the airport. But with Disney it was smooth sailing. It's decorated nice, and in true Disney fashion all the small details were present. They were playing Disney tunes, and even Mickey was there taking pictures and greeting guests. Do the "online check-in" and print the forms ahead of time, that speeds up the process. We literally were dropped off by the bus, through embarkation and on the boat within 30 minutes. And with a toddler that's no easy task! The boat itself in GORGEOUS. I was immediately impressed by the décor and attention to detail. The staff works hard to keep it clean and tidy. It's Disney but not over the top. The restaurants were amazing, I loved Animator's Palette. We actually were at a great table where my lo got to interact with Shred. As far as the food goes, I thought it was good/above average but nothing that blew me away. And that's ok, it wasn't bad by any means. What definitely sets them apart from other cruise lines in the Service. I had read that the service was great. But the service was amazing. Every night at dinner our team of servers greeted my daughter first asking "how was your day princess?" They went above and beyond; they cut my daughter's food for her, entertained her and overall were an absolute joy to talk to. As the days went on and we were getting to know them, we found out they both had small children. I can't imagine being a way from my child for 4 months at a time. I have so much respect for them. As far as the entertainment, it was top notch. My daughter LOVED the Dreamers. Every time they played in the Atrium we were there and dancing. The shows were amazing. We missed the Villain show, but the Golden Mickeys and the other show was great, entertaining for the whole family. Pirate Night and fireworks were amazing. The best part about the cruise was all of the character sessions! If you were to go to the Disney parks you can wait upwards to an hour to meet Mickey. On the cruise we were able to meet all the characters and princesses and at most waited 10 minutes. I also loved that the characters would just show up and dance with the kids or join in on the activities. All and all, I wish we had more time to explore the ship and partake in the activities. Unfortunately, on a 3 day cruise you run out of time to experience everything. The cabin was amazing! Compared to other cruise lines I've cruised with, it's double the size. We opted for the Ocean view veranda but didn't pick our cabin upfront. We saved like $300 by letting Disney "assign" us a cabin. That was the best thing that could have ever happened to us! We got a hidden gem, we ended up with an end veranda that was double the size. The other thing I loved about the cabin was all the small details they took care of. We have a 20 month old daughter so they provided a pack n play and a diaper genie (nice touch!) I was worried about what we were going to do with all those diapers. Also, having a bathtub in the cabin was nice, and I like that the shower is separate from the restroom. I was very impressed with the cabin overall, I have nothing negative to say about it. Ports and Shore excursions - Castaway Cay is remarkable. What a great place! I could stay there for a week! I loved that they had some fun activities for the kids too. There was Hermit crab races and a Dance party with Minnie and Goofy! Nassau on the other hand was not so great. We opted to do a Beach day and tour of Atlantis (for the 3 of us was $220) not worth it. I'm sad to say Nassau has really gone down hill. Atlantis was nice, but not worth that price tag. If I were to do it again, I would have spent that day we were docked at Nassau on the boat. Overall, we had an amazing trip. My daughter loved it, she still talks about the "Mickey Boat". I would hands down go on another Disney cruise, preferably one that has 2 stops to Castaway Cay. I would highly recommend taking your family, Disney will not disappoint!

Dream Vacation