Viking Star Cruise Review

A quick look at Constantinople to Catalonia

Viking Star Cruise Review by BevMartyn3

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

We chose the Catalonia to Constantinople cruise based on the ports that we would be docking in. There were only a few disappointments...one which Viking had no control over. The state department didn't want tourists in Istanbul. Understandable for sure, disappointing most definitely. Some day when it is safe to go, we will see it on our own. There were two other ports we were less than happy about. One was our tour in Athens. We took the included tour which did not bring us to Acropolis and the Pantheon. It was not made clear on the description. Also, in Italy the only way we could have gone to Florence was to take an add-on trip. I'm glad we had been to Italy before! One more thing. We wished we could have stopped in Cicily instead of Dubrovnik twice. All in all though, it was an excellent trip. The ports we did go to were different and exciting. Santorini and Kotor were my favorites. Of coarse Monte Carlo was very special. Not at all what I expected. The people were wonderful, the room was excellent, the food was terrific and it was nice not being on a gigantic cruise ship. The lectures were wonderful, very informative. The pool was wonderful and it was nice that it had the retractable roof. It allowed for much more flexibility. The lounge areas were very relaxing and I would highly. It was nice to have the background music. I would absolutely recommend Viking to anyone.

BevMartyn3's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Penthouse Jr. 7018

The cabin was perfect. I think for anyone cruising for more than 2 weeks, if it is affordable, should upgrade to a larger cabin. This was perfect and a nice benefit was laundry service. I think in the brochure it would be helpful to state the turnover for laundry. We would have brought A LOT less clothes if we had known that it was a 24 hr. return .

BevMartyn3