• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin:
Viking Star

This was my first cruise and Viking exceeded my expectations on many levels. All I had to do was show-up and enjoy myself.

The layout and size of the ship was very well designed. I did not feel “compartmentalized” and all areas are easily reached. A larger ship would compensate this personalization that Viking has truly achieved.

I sensed Viking knew what they were doing when I was able to pre-arrange much online. The red carpet welcome, the endless smiling faces, and the dedication to my service truly makes Viking the standard. It’s notable that the friendliness and cooperation existed between the staff personnel. Internet service was lacking the high speed connectivity but this is an issue industry wide. The Viking Daily was a much appreciated feature. I enjoyed the port summary, listing of daily events, and personalized excursion information. As a suggestion, Viking might consider the Viking Daily information on a TV channel.

Cabin Veranda

I found the cabin to be very accommodating. It was spacious with adequate storage and closet space. The bathroom more than met my needs. It was constantly restocked. The shower was an adequate size and the lighting bright. I fell asleep within minutes in the very comfortable and spacious bed. There was also a sofa, chairs, and table which we used frequently.

1 Helpful Vote