3. Viking Star
This was my first cruise and Viking exceeded my expectations on many levels. All I had to do was show-up and enjoy myself. The layout and size of the ship was very well designed. I did not feel “compartmentalized” and all areas are easily reached. A larger ship would compensate this personalization that Viking has truly achieved. I sensed Viking knew what they were doing when I was able to pre-arrange much online. The red carpet welcome, the endless smiling faces, and the dedication to my service truly makes Viking the standard. It’s notable that the friendliness and cooperation existed between the staff personnel. Internet service was lacking the high speed connectivity but this is an issue industry wide. The Viking Daily was a much appreciated feature. I enjoyed the port summary, listing of daily events, and personalized excursion information. As a suggestion, Viking might consider the Viking Daily information on a TV channel. I was impressed with the historical knowledge of all the tour guides. In addition, I found them to be friendly and concerned about us as a group. Disembarkation was a breeze which demonstrated Viking’s organizational skills. Embarkation was exceptional. Who wouldn’t feel good being greeted on the red carpet with smiling faces and a warm “Welcome back” greeting? The heated hand towels were a pleasant surprise. American airlines could learn a lesson in customer service from Viking. There was no room in the overhead compartment for my 12” x 18” x 10” carry on. Why? Because American airlines failed to have inconsiderate passengers check their oversized luggage. I was unable to stretch my legs because my carry on was under the seat in front of me. I am 5’9” and 160 pounds and I travelled eight hours in a near fetal position. I found the cabin to be very accommodating. It was spacious with adequate storage and closet space. The bathroom more than met my needs. It was constantly restocked. The shower was an adequate size and the lighting bright. I fell asleep within minutes in the very comfortable and spacious bed. There was also a sofa, chairs, and table which we used frequently. Dining on the Viking Star was exceptional. From the elegant to the casual, there wasn’t any disappointment. Fresh quality food was served every day. Care for something a little to your liking? Not a problem. The chefs were proud to graciously accommodate you. Hand sanitizers at every restaurant entrance demonstrated Viking’s commitment to a safe eating experience. In conclusion, I would sail on Viking tomorrow if possible! Quality, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and a dedication to my enjoyment is what Viking is all about. There are other cruise ships but Viking surely makes the difference. Thank you Viking for a terrific vacation.

Viking raises the standards