3. Viking Tor
This was our first river cruise. We have taken larger ship cruises before. We had visited Germany several years before in the Fall and wanted to go back during the Christmas markets. The price of the cruise was one that we could not pass up. When we landed in Nuremburg we were met by the Viking representatives and taken to our ship. Check in went very smoothly and we were able to get into our cabin right away. Our cabin was very nice and well appointed. We do not get the most expensive cabin as we do not stay in the cabin much. It was well appointed and the toiletries were excellent. They had a lunch set up for the passengers that arrived that day. The food on the Tor was fantastic and the wait staff was terrific. You could order from the menu or do the buffet for breakfast and lunch . Dinner was ordered from the menu. There was unlimited beer and wine at both lunch and dinner. We visited the Christmas Markets in seven different cities. I enjoyed each of the cities but my favorite is Rothenberg Ob Der Tauber. Each market has it own uniqueness. We had time after the tours to visit each market and of course to sample the Gluvine in each town. Came home with a collection of the mugs from each town. I wish I had had more room in my suit case for more purchases. We did all of our Christmas shopping on the trip. The tour guides that we had were very knowledgeable and friendly. I liked that all the tours were included in the price of the cruise. Everything was very well organized. The social director is very hands on. She talked with all the passengers and was available if there were any problems. I liked that there was no nickel and diming on the ship. Everything was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this cruise. I would definitely do another river cruise or try the Viking Ocean cruises.

Great Christmas Cruise

fitzigirl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Tor price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 121
The cabin had plenty of room for my husband and myself. We did not feel cramped at all. The bed was very comfortable. The toiletries were top notch.
Main Deck Outside Cabins