3. Norwegian Epic
This was a rebooked cruise as we had to cancel our last cruise due to an accident. I can honestly say that is worth the wait. The ship is big, very big. However, I never felt that I could not get away and find somewhere quiet, even on a sea day. There are so many hidden areas, quiet areas, adult only areas and of course the pool deck. I travelled with my partner and two teenage boys. One, we never saw after he joined up with others of his age at the club. He found a group of like minded teenagers and spent 10 days eating and chatting with them. The other teenager is a very fussy eater and for the first time on any holiday, he was often full. Heeling hated in the fact he could snack 24-7! He always found something to eat especially the lovely fresh fruit always available. Mostly we ate in either Taste restaurant or Manhatten. Both have similar menus and are waiter service. I really enjoyed the free style seating arrangements and we met some really lovely people from all around the world. We also eat in the Bistro, a la Carte restaurant which was an absolute delight. I can also recommend the Shanghai CHinese restaurant which is one of the restaurants included in the freestyle eating. If you like dressing up to go to dinner, as I do, I found that the are plenty of others who do too. Nothing too grand as a dinner jacket and formal ball gowns but plenty of evening dresses and men in collar and tie. There are also plenty of people that do not free but if that I'd your preference there are lots of restaurants without a dress code. We were very lucky to be chosen to attend the Captains dinner. This was not publicised very well but you put your name into the draw via the customer services desk. The dinner was again in the Speigel tent but every table had 6-8 guests and one uniformed officer on each. We sat with 4 Spanish guests that did not speak any English but we had a lot of fun speaking Spanglish! I can also highly recommend the drinks package as drinks are expensive and you will find yourself drinking more than you expect, either alcoholic or otherwise. We could of easily had a large bill to pay at the end. We, the adults of the party, booked ourselves a spa cabin, 14119. It was on the last occupied cabins deck before the pool deck. This meant we were only one floor away from the buffet restaurant and the outside area. We were never disturbed by any noise and actually found it a big advantage. We were also on the same floor as the spa. This for us was a bonus. Everyday, we spent at least an hour in the spa either in the main pool (the temperature of a warm bath) or on the hot beds. They also have a wonderful outside area, where you can sit and relax whilst getting a uninterrupted views across the water. The entertainment on board is take it as you want it. Everywhere the are interactive boards where you can book the free entertainment such as 'Burn the floor' or Priscilla. Both are fantastic shows. We also booked seats for the SPeigel tent. We booked the premium seats but it seems so did everyone else. There did not seem to me, that we got anything extra or closer to the performers. But it was good fun and the food was nice. I also attended several classes on sea days, such as Salsa class, Swing class and how to make sushi class. My partner attended a photography lecture and a towel folding class. All things we would not normally do but a good distraction when we needed to get out of the sun. We arranged all our shore excursions ourselves. This was extremely easy after a little investigation work on the Internet. The ship itself also gives you lots of helpful advise on independent travel within each destination. The only downside ,I think I would say was the casino floor. When walking from after to forward you end up going through the casino and slot machines which take up an entire floor. But as they say if you cannot beat them, join them. We decided to spend $10 one evening and with winning and losing we ended up equal each night and that $10 lasted us the whole cruise. In fact we ended up with $50 which we cashed in On the last night. Overall, a great cruise. Good food, good company, WONDERFULLY friendly staff, nice cabin (yes a bit small but we were not in it much) and yes, I would go again.

An Epic Tale

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Ezzica1

I can honestly say that is worth the wait.

Ezzica1’s Full Rating Summary