3. Norwegian Epic
We stayed three days (4 nights) in Barcelona prior to starting our cruise and really loved the experience. It meant we had chance to see something of a fantastic city before boarding the ship and had no pressures or worries about getting there on time. Loved Barcelona! I read a lot of reviews about the Epic prior to going and wasn't quite sure what to expect. However, I have to say that our expectations were exceeded on all fronts. We found absolutely nothing to complain about. We had an aft facing balcony cabin on deck 13 and, as advertised, the views from the balcony were spectacular, although, yes, there was some vibration and a little noise when docking but I can't say it bothered either my husband or I. Neither were we bothered by the opaque shower and toilet doors which some people seem to find so upsetting and there is a curtain if you want more privacy. The food on board was amazing and, whilst you could manage without eating in the speciality restaurants, I personally think an upgrade for at least half the nights you spend on board is excellent value for money. The Spiegel tent and Cirque due Dreams is a real must in terms of entertainment and, in truth, all the entertainment on board is of excellent quality. We only did two organised trips (Amalfi Coast and a Tuscan vineyard) both of which were very good but certainly, in some ports of call, it is very easy to get off and wander round under your own steam and the information provided on the TV screen in your cabin is very helpful. In particular, Sicily and Sardinia are very easy to do on your own and at your own pace. If you want to tailor your cruise to be as relaxed or energetic as you want it to be and don't want to have to be over formal, I think you'd struggle to do better than this. It's sometimes nice not to get off at some ports of call so you can just take the time to enjoy the ship and it's facilities. If you're looking for your own place at meals and your own waiter etc and a more organised and formal system, then it's not for you. We loved it and would definitely go again.

Freedom & Fantastic Food & Entertainment

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by JennyBH

JennyBH’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 13287
Spacious cabin with masses of storage space. Lots of wardrobe space and three big deep drawers. Plenty of room under the bed to store empty suitcases. Bed was really comfortable and views from the balcony spectacular. Yes, there is some vibration when docking or leaving port because you are at the back but I can't say it bothered us at all. The shower and toilet doors may be opaque but that didn't bother us and there is a curtain if seeing a body outline bothers you! However, the plus side is that the shower and toilet compartments are spacious. We actually loved the curved design. We did take an american multi-point extension with us and this was a really good tip for charging multiple devices (kindle, phone, tablet etc). There's also a european plug point so you could take a european multi-plug as well / instead.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins