3. Viking Eistla
We took two weeks prior to our embarkation to visit Germany, Italy & the Czech Republic & then spend a day in Passau. We chose this particular cruise for the Christmas markets & getting into the spirit of Christmas in Europe. We knew the weather would not necessarily be in our favor but the crew made sure we were comfy greeting us with hot, wet towels to freshen up with when we boarded, to furnishing us with needed umbrellas or a hot wine when we returned from a cold weather excursion. I have sailed many ocean cruises and by far, this was the best cruise ever, I felt like we were treated like royalty. The ship, the food, the staff, the shore excursions & how efficient they were handled. One thing impressed me was when we were on an excursion there was always a visible staff person around. I loved that the shore excursions were graded for tolerance and EVERYONE of our tour guides were fantastic as were the hearing devices that we used so we could hear the narrative without being at the head of the group. The friendliness of the staff supersedes any that I have ever encountered, from the cabin stewards to the chef to the captain to the fantastic waiters, awesome!!!! Our cabin was very comfortable & well equipped. A floor to ceiling window for viewing was so very enjoyable. I loved the "Block Party" that we had outside of our cabins & the champagne that was served. The whole cruise made one feel like it was a "family affair" being a lesser number of total guests & having meals with many different people all made for a warm & interesting cruise. Viking was with us right to the departure at the airport. Thank you for a wonderful memory & the desire to do another Viking River Cruise again.

A Dream Come True, Even Better Than I Thought!

Viking Eistla Cruise Review by MsJudy

• Sail Date: November 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

MsJudy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Eistla price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D
CLEAN, everyday, good quality bed & linens, electrical set up for 110 voltage (US) room for luggage under the bed & a large full closet. Great viewing window, floor to ceiling, that can be opened. Bathroom shower one of the best setups I've seen on a ship without getting water all over the bathroom floor. And the cabin steward was wonderful & so very accommodating. Cabin locations are good & not far from main rooms or gathering areas.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins