3. Dawn Princess
Took my best friend on this cruise for her birthday. I had een to Tasmania before but love the place, and my friend hadnt been for many years. We were to see Port Arthur, Bernie, and Hobart. We had a tour booked at Burnie ro Cradle Mtn through Tasmanian Tourist Bureau, much cheaper than the ship's cruise ($180pp ) we paid $65 each! Had a lovely day at Cradle Mtn with only a dozen people, weather was good as Cradle Mtn is known for bad weather. We also did a tour to Mt Wellington in Hobart, again through Tasmanian Tourist Bureau, wonderful view of Hobart from Mtn. Unfortunately we struck rough weather out of Burnie so had to bypass Port Artnur which disappointed many passengers but unavoidable, captain announced the ship wpuld go to straight to Hobart where we would stay overnight. Many passengers found local tourist operators had minibuses to Port Arthur so got there, unfortunately we missed out and spent the day wandering around Hobart. We had to dine in the main dining room as no Anytime dining, but had very nice dinner companions for the 7 nights. The buffet was well laid out, the tea/coffee pastries/cakes were seperate from the main buffet, so we didnt have people with hot drinks on amongst those getting meals. Food a good standard. My friend enjoyed herself immensely, only snag was our card keys didnt work on three occasions, had to get them replaced at reception, bit annoying but we laughed about it.

Lovely 7 Day Cruise to Tasmania

Dawn Princess Cruise Review by wildlifewarrier

wildlifewarrier’s Full Rating Summary
Get Dawn Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB
Well appointed canin, twin beds, average size balcony but good enough for the two of us. Had complimentary spirits and soft deinks as I am an elite passenger, which was great. Ojr canin steward was attentive. Still tiny shower recess, with horrible curtain but had to manage. Nice array of lotions in bathroom.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins