3. Viking Star
I chose this cruise because I already had experience with Viking, and knew that the quality of the ship and the service would be excellent, and because the route of this cruise included several places that I had wanted to visit for a long time. This was our first ocean cruise on Viking. The ship is exquisite; the cabins are lovely, and, as expected, the service was superior. We had a wonderful time. I have previously been highly impressed with the quality of the guides that Viking employs. I was not disappointed on this cruise. The guides at each shore excursion were very informative, and also very kind and helpful to those in our group who needed extra time or assistance to get around on uneven ground. The dining experience was superb. Good food, very fresh and well prepared. The lecturers on the ship were very informative and entertaining. The musical entertainment that we saw was very high quality. We particularly enjoyed a trio that played classical music in the atrium. We had afternoon tea several times, and sat in the hot tubs on other afternoons, watching the Adriatic and Aegean seas flow by. Always curious, we explored the ship from top to bottom, finding a putting green on the top deck. Since I was sending email photos with descriptions as well as Facebook messages every day to my family and friends, I have convinced a sizeable group of people that if they want to take a cruise in this area, this is the one to take.

A Wonderful Cruise in an Incredible Part of the World