3. Viking Eir
A long-time travel buddy and I traveled with Viking River Cruises on the Rhine Getaway.First, we spent 3 nights in Bruges, Belgium, at the Duke's Palace, a hotel that Viking chose for us. And it was wonderful! In addition to the good food and central location, I especially loved the old elevator.Touring the city was on our own with suggestions and maps from a Viking representative. Favorite restaurant? The 't Vagevuur. A change in plans because of a water event in Amsterdam caused us to embark in Rotterdam, and Viking bused us there with no inconvenience. (We had been to Amsterdam and seen the sights on a previous trip.) Our ship was the Viking Eir. Oh gosh, I love these new ships! The Eir was modern, airy, sleek, comfortable, bright, and passenger friendly. The food was delicious: fresh and tasty. Favorite stops included Kinderdijk, Marksburg Castle and Strasburg. We took excursions at every stop, either the included one or a for-fee one. They were all very good: interesting and educational, especially because the guides were very knowledgeable. I attended each session that told of the next port of call and the sights we would see. I like that Viking did that in large groups and didn't just tell us via intercom or newsletter. (Yes, I am a former educator who likes to learn about the places I visit.) This was a very relaxing reip along the scenic Rhine River. It was a wonderful trip, and I liked the ship, our cabin, the food, the service, the itinerary and shore excursions. I would recommend this trip to someone who wanted to try a European river cruise, especially a Viking river cruise, for the first time. Those who love big ships with their excitement and beach destinations should continue with those cruises. Otherwise, I recommend this Viking river Cruise "Rhine Getaway" to you. I will take more Viking cruises, both river and ocean, because they just do a wonderful job.

Viking River's Rhine Getaway, a Relaxing Journey

vanilla1207’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Eir price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B
Wonderfuly modernl! Storage space, heated bathroom floor (not that we used it in August), veranda with enough room to sit facing the water, roomy shower . . . yay!
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins