3. Viking Star
We have been on a lot of cruises and this was truly amazing. On our way to the ship, my husband mentioned that he hoped this lived up to his very high expectations. He was not disappointed. Unfortunately, this cruise has spoiled us for any other cruise line. The (superior stateroom) cabin (and bathroom) was larger than on most ships. The food everywhere was wonderful - not only the best food I've had on a cruise ship but often, the best food I've had anywhere. The ship is beautiful - elegant and tasteful. The service was excellent. Embarkation and disembarkation were fast and smooth. The tours (optional and included) were top notch. Almost everything you could want (wifi, wine or beer with meals, tours, specialty restaurants, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed orange juice) were included. The spa was lovely and relaxing. There were interesting lectures to help you understanding of the ports we were visiting. The other passengers could only be described as "adult - well traveled and interesting" This is not a cruise for children or people just looking for a loud/ drunken good time. I am sure we will cruise with Viking again. We had originally gone on a Viking River cruise and were very impressed by how well run and excellent it was. When we heard about the start up of their ocean line, we booked a cruise immediately. The staff was beyond helpful and went out of their way to make our trip perfect. They truly succeeded.

Wonderful