3. Regal Princess
I had never cruised Princess before and wanted to give it a try. I probably won't go this route again, unless it's a VERY good deal. The food was very good most of the time in the dining room. Desserts were very good. Wait service was good, not great. Room service for breakfast was very limited. I thought the buffet was good, again, not great. I felt the whole atmosphere of the cruise was a little too laid back for me. I like a little more of a lively atmosphere and joyful, happy feeling. The Regal Princess is a beautiful ship. no doubt about that. It was difficult to find your way around though. I've been on bigger ships that were must easier to learn my way around. We had a mini suite and I really liked the cabin, the full size tub and the two tvs with the curtains diving the room. The balcony, however, was really small. I hated the fact that you had to search through the thousands of photos to try to find yours. I gave up and didn't buy any. The entertainment in the theater was good. the dancers work really hard. I like bigger, more flashy shows, so I wasn't too impressed. The pool area was good. Really liked the movies under the stars. Hot tubs were small and not very hot. Always found plenty of chairs around the pools. Cruise director was just ok. Not very exciting, didn't encourage me to get more involved than I did. Casino is way too small and too smokey.

Good, not Great

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Rhode Island Red

• Sail Date: April 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Casino is way too small and too smokey.
Rhode Island Red’s Full Rating Summary