3. Viking Star
Mediterranean Odyssey: My first cruise with Viking was all I hoped it would be. The embarkation went well, port stops were well planned and on time. All of the staff I encountered were friendly, polite, couldn't do enough to help. The food in all of the different sites on the ship was excellent. My group ate at the buffet, The Restaurant, the pool side grill, Manfreddi's, and the Chef's Table. Service was great at all of these areas. It was nice to have a selection of different kinds of food, enough choices for all appetites and/or restrictions. The cabin was fine, at times a bit crowded because of luggage, but nothing that truly interfered with our comfort. The amenities provided were a nice touch. Having a small refrigerator,restocked daily, was nice. Most other trips I have taken did not provide that service. The bathroom was adequate, only problem was trying to regulate the temperature of the water in the shower. Another wonderful feature on this cruise was having laundry facilities available. You could refresh your clothes without having to have someone do that for you. Everything was provided, soap, iron if needed. The port talks were interesting and well presented. We did not find time to attend many of the other offered entertainment venues, but I heard comments from other guests that they enjoyed the dinging revues. There was more than enough room to find areas to relax in, whether outside in the sun or inside in one of the lounges. Overall my first experience with Viking was definitely positive.

Mediterreanean Odyssey