3. Viking Gefjon
I had been wanting to make this River Cruise for a long time and finally booked it! It was late October and the colors were beautiful and the weather quite good although cool. This was a most amazing cruise. We could continually see the beautiful countryside. This ship was a nice size and every part of it was immaculate. The staff and crew were very friendly and fun. Food was excellent. The tours were very good and provided in each place by experienced guides that were generally local. Everything was exceedingly well organized and unexpected things were handled quickly and well. We had to change ships because of water level changes. Our bags were handled efficiently and we were transported to the second ship without delay. Both ships had to be cleaned in a very short order to accommodate the exchange. The meticulous attention to detail was impressive-----on the first ship I had requested an extra pillow ---and when we arrived at the second ship I had a second pillow on my bed already. Impressive. The room was small as expected but we had everything we needed at all times. Very nice bathroom with warm floor :). Dining was excellent with several choices always available and included foods of the region. It was open seating so we were able to meet new people or not as we pleased. Usually there was casual dining also. The ship has huge Windows and comfortable furniture to relax and view scenery or visit with others at any time we were onboard. The best tour I have ever been on for sure.

High Recommendation for Grand European Viking River Cruise

Calohman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gefjon price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 217
Excellent cabin with a balcony. It was cool much of the time so we did not use balcony much but it was nice to see out all the time and go out to take pictures when we wanted to do that. Cabins were always clean and very adequate since we did not spend a lot of time in the cabin anyway.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins