3. Viking Astrild
Wanted to cruise Elba River and visit cities along the way. Unfortunately the river didn't want to cooperate and we were able to sail only one day. Staff on both ships, had to change ships in middle of cruise, did and excellent job in providing service and trying to keep us on schedule and visiting sites advertised. The food and accommodations were excellent as these were new ships but all accommodations on Viking ships have been excellent. The buses and tour guides on each day trip were excellent and we were able to see all sites planned. The weather was not cooperative as it was windy and mostly cloudy but umbrellas were provided if needed when needed. We did not have a need for anything because if we had a request, a crew member supplied our need. My wife and I were in the middle of trying to sale a home back in the states, due to the death of a famliy member, and I was keeping in contact with the realtor via email. in one instance, the realtor had papers for us to review and there were to many to read plus the format made it almost impossible to read. The papers were sent to me by the realtor and I was able to forward them to the ships front desk and they printed them off for us, and they would not except payment for this service. Because of this service, we were able to reach a decision on the sale. We have another trip for June 2017 with Viking.

Excellent Service and Cruise