Viking Baldur Cruise Review

Very relaxing, trouble free. The very attentive crew took care of all details.

Viking Baldur Cruise Review by Ranting Bill

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

It sounded very relaxing and it was a chance to see part of Europe I'd not seen. Our very attentive crew took care of all details. Superb meals. Reasonable cost. The shore excursions were well planned and I appreciated that the costs were included. I didn't feel that we were being nickel and dimed. My wife has been on ocean cruises where they continually tacky on extra charges. My wife appreciated the wine being included with lunch and dinner. She has a severe gluten intolerance and the staff was very careful with all her meals. Our Maitre D' Gabor checked with her at every meal and made certain she had a gluten free meal even though we had not got our request in early enough according to the rules.

The crew seemed to like each other and they all were very cheerful and very helpful at every turn. We met almost ll of the crew. Our tour director mad a point of involving the chef, the skipper and lots of staff people.

This was my first cruise of any sort so I was a bit apprehensive. It turned out to be a delightful, rich experience. I've traveled Europe a number of times on a bicycle, now I'm too old for bikes, so I appreciated the full-service river cruise. The Danube is a very special place.

Our tour director was very knowledgeable about the area and all our stops. The trip was quite a history lesson. I particularly appreciated the bus trip to Salzburg. We also had the choice of "leisure" shore excursions which helped with my limited walking range.

Ranting Bill's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony
Cabin D 204

Our cabin was spacious particularly since we spent little time there. The king size bed was a treat, The heated bathroom floor was also a treat. It was all the space we needed or want. Our cabin stewardess (title?) was continually servicing it. This was really first class service. The window helped make it seem even bigger. The closet and drawer space was more than adequate for us.

Walking Tour

Fun and enlightening.

View All 218 Walking Tour Reviews

Wonderful. Bought Christmas presents.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
City Tour

Wonderful city, dense fog made it hard to see. Great meal for shore lunch.

View All 353 City Tour Reviews
Benedictine Abbey

Long walk back, charming village.

View All 62 Benedictine Abbey Reviews