3. Viking Jarl
We took a 'Mom and Two Sons' river cruise from Budapest to Nuremburg. It was time to spend together traveling like we had not before and visiting cities, world heritage sites and countries that none of us had visited before. Every facet of out Viking experience was timely, stress-free and truly enjoyable, From the time we were met at the Budapest airport to the 'ship swap' to the Viking Atla to delivering us to the Nuremburg airport, we were treated like kings and queen. I do not enjoy crowds, so the size of the ship was perfect. Service was just right and quickly our 'favorites' were known and served. Each crew person was personable, fun to get to know and in a short time, became a friend who we cared for very much. Dining was so enjoyable and the chefs were fabulous. We truly enjoyed our meals and were very happy for the excursions so we could walk off the calories! Each excursion guide was friendly, informative and interesting because they lived in the cities where we toured. The extras from the city-natives was insightful and I felt like they were sharing their love of history as well as the beautiful architecture. I especially enjoyed walking on the Roman/Medieval roads, seeing the art and sculptures and the magnificent cathedrals. Realizing how real World War II remains in the cities we visited was eye-opening. The physical losses and rebuilding was truly conveyed to all of us and gave me a new appreciation for each city's peserverance. We did not have the opportunity to stay for any extra time in Budapest, although I certainly would love to return. Yes! I would love to take a longer river cruise when I retire in 2-3 years. What a great way to start a new phase of my life! Perhaps my sons will be able to come with me once again so we could create more memories. I have recommended Viking to many of my friends and co-workers because it was such a wonderful way to travel and see the world. Thank you, Viking, for my memories of the beautiful cities, valleys and time spent with my sons.

Romantic Danube Cruise: Bonus! Viking Jarl and Viking Atla

Jinks126835’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Jarl price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 202
Perfect size! Large sliding doors - comfortable bed - awesome sized bath - excellent closet space
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins