3. Viking Baldur
My husband and I loved our first river cruise. We traveled the Danube at Christmas, stopping at Christmas Markets. The crew was fantastic. It was nice to have a home to come home to each night...with people saying hi every night like we were all one big family. Our room attendant was fantastic. She adapted the normal routine to fit our version of the cabin. Embarkation and disembarkation was flawless. We had issues with our plane coming in to Munich. Delays along the way caused us some concern, but the call(s) we placed to Viking calmed us down. They were there for us at the airport and we made the ship...no problem. We enjoyed each port, walking around, learning different things relating to the areas we were passing through. Our favorite was going to a family home on Christmas Morning. Celebrating Christmas was so well done. Side trips we could sign up for were also great. I would redo the entire trip and love it just as much the next time. The information about what to pack, etc. was very good. I will say that I was as warm as I had to be, but was not left with extra clothing that had been packed and not worn. Dress on ship was across the board. Some people were very well dressed and some less formal. This made it easy to be comfortable in whatever you brought. We did not travel with children, but the children on board seemed to be very happy, busy and easy to converse with being an outside adult to them. We were also impressed with how well Viking dealt with the low water issue. River cruising is much more intimate that ocean cruising. We have done that several times, but we like the smaller crowd on a river cruise. Every room is wonderful. Every person, no matter the room they are in, is seen as a VIP. We will be back traveling with Viking.

A great Christmas