3. Viking Astrild
For future travelers - check the water level of the Elbe before you sail. If Viking offers you the opportunity to cancel your trip because the water is too low (or sometimes too high), cancel you trip. Otherwise you will be spending most of your time on a tour bus. I enjoyed the places we visited but did not enjoy the bus travel or the fact that we had to switch boats mid-trip. Viking did give each of us $1,000 voucher to use on a future trip. The staff was wonderful and did the best that they could to make things as pleasant as possible. Bojan was an excellent tour director, and I would love to sail again with him. Food on the ship was excellent. Our room was always well-tended. The cultural activities on board were very good and the tour guides, for the most part gave just the right amount of information without being preachy (with the exception of one). We did extend our trip with extra time in both Berlin and Krakow. Those additions were well worth the price. Krakow is an easy place to get around and we walked everywhere. Our Viking host in Krakow was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We did take the optional tour of the salt mine and found it fascinating. I will tour with Viking again, but if they ever offer me the chance to cancel because there is a problem with the water level, I will not hesitate to cancel. My next trip will be on the Danube where the water level is not a problem.

Check the Water Level before You Go!

Viking Astrild Cruise Review by Cruiser1821