Magellan Cruise Review

Magellan Norwegian Fjords Cruise

Magellan Cruise Review by Jendaniels

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords

Sailed from Newcastle on the Magellan. Embarkation was excellent and we were on the ship and shown to our cabin in no time. Luggage arrived ten minutes later. The cabin was clean and modern and the cabin steward was excellent. The entertainment was excellent. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. However, what let this cruise down was the food., Worst food I have had on any cruise ship. The bacon at breakfast was inedible, mostly fat. Food was very bland with no emphasis on healthy eating. I think with most of the passengers being elderly it had the 'care home' style menu, soft and mushy!

Dinner menus choice was limited and I was advised by the waiter not to order the beef wellington as it was tough, with undercooked pastry. I also had steak one night which was so tough and without being offered a steak knife was also inedible. The trips were a little disorganised and I felt that this needs to be addressed.

The ship is old, but clean and well fitted. We always have a balcony but only the Junior Suites have these so would not use this company again as there are not enough balconies.

The Norwegian Fjords were excellent and this was the main reason why we used this company as they sailed from Newcastle which is only 30 minutes drive away.

All in all we were well looked after by the staff, but I did not like the way at breakfast at 10 o'clock in the buffet restaurant a waiter shouted 'chop, chop' because they were closing. I thought it was very rude,

Jendaniels's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Superior Double 7057

Not keen on shower curtains but otherwise cabin was OK.

Jendaniels