• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

thomasjacobus@aol.com
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2016
Cabin: Balcony

we picked this ship because of the Western Caribbean literary and it left from our local area (Tampa). I read a couple uncomplimentary reviews but many good ones as well...so I decided to take a chance. I took a special package that included balcony stateroom, the four specialty meal plan and unlimited alcoholic beverages...VERY smart move. We drank wine at all meals, Champaign and cocktails in the afternoon before dinner and after we ate. If you purchase the drink packages on board it costs about $1,000 per couple. Note that bottled water is not included in the unlimited alcoholic drink package but was allowed to be carried on board. It is expensive to buy (about $4-5 a bottle). They discouraged filling bottles in the dining areas such as the buffet areas but many did, especially when the crowds were down. Service was excellent and the entire staff was as cordial, friendly and absolutely professional. The specialty restaurants were excellent and even the main dining rooms were elegant with very nice menus. Security was well managed and both going ashore and returning to the ship was easy. I signed up ahead of time for excursions on every stop but was disappointed that the Cozumel day trip was cancelled due to lack of participation but other packages were made available to me and the pricing was adjusted accordingly. All the excursions we participated in were well managed and run as expected. I am not a very experienced cruiser but I can't imagine one that could be much better especially for the price..

Balcony

Cabin BX

Very comfortable, nice balcony with two chairs and table, good enough to sleep, relax and rest in. We stayed in port on all days so didn't need much more.

3 Helpful Votes