3. Explorer of the Seas
Just returning from our cruise on 30/3/2016 where we did a 13 night to the island and New Zealand. My partner and I travelled with 2 friends and I must say that we were not impressed with many things on the ship. Things that were good were the Embarkation, our room and certainly our cabin boy Roy, our my time dining staff on table 505. The bar service was good, Guest relations did a very good job, the parades were good, but not enough room for all the people to see, I think it would have been better if staged around the pool area, the Ice Skating performance was excellent and the cruise directors show good also. Bad points which I must mention were the holding up till 8.30pm of some of our luggage because of Alcohol being in the bag (which we were allowed to bring on the ship), but the luggage had my medications which were needed and the key to my other luggage, Next was the lack of control over the children, teenagers (including big teenagers) and even adults who should have known better. Children coming into areas that they were not allowed in, including sitting up at the bars and running riot all over the ship, Instances of drunken behaviour which I encounted even one lying on the floor outside the lift entry swearing and other things that I was not impressed with, also adults yelling and screaming and taking large oil cans into the pools and dive bombing and drinking and splashing people who were sitting by the pool. On formal nights people coming into the dining area just dressed in shorts, tee shirts and hats etc, and the music the ship played on that night even if only for ten minutes was that loud that we could not even talk it was so deafening, resulting in spoiling our night and my partner getting up and not even having dinner. There were so many other things that went on. The entertainment was bad, the food average and the wait staff in the buffet area left a lot to be desired, except for some. On the whole very disappointed in what we experienced. This is our 10 cruise on different ships and I would not go on this ship again, maybe it was a one off, but there were many many people on the ship who were of the same opinion. Our Cabin was 2348 and was a great cabin. Sorry to report this, but the cruise was not what we expected.

Our Explorer of the Seas Cruise March 2016

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by jolly julie

jolly julie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Cabin was great, very clean and the cabin boy was excellent and nothing was a problem for him, disappointed with the extras, like shampoo and conditioner mixed together on the wall, I thought that the rating of this ship would have included the better quality essentials. Always had clean towels and our bed folded down of a night.
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans