3. Sapphire Princess
Our 7th cruise, first time on Princess. Our previous cruise was on the Queen Elizabeth, so I'm not sure if it's fair to compare the two ships. I did notice a few areas of tiredness on the Sapphire.....a few places that needed repair and/or paint touchup. Embarkation was a bit of a disappointment......but I later understood that the wait was for immigration in Singapore, so they did their best to control the amount of people going through at a time. Our cabin was great.....a balcony on the Aloha deck. No complaints there. Our cabin stewart was excellent. Friendly and professional. During the cruise, we had 3 small requests. All were done immediately, even though we told him there was no rush. He was fantastic. We did the anytime dining. We like to relax on vacation and not have to worry about what time it is. All the staff at all restaurants were fantastic and the food was wonderful. Lots of choice on the menu. Cannot say one bad thing about the food. We were pleasantly surprised. We did end up eating most of our lunches and dinners with other cruisers. Had fun meeting people from all over the world. Had most of our breakfasts in the dining room as well. Only used the buffet for going ashore days at breakfast. Used room service for breakfast twice as well. Nice treat. Lots of lounge chairs available by the pools. Not a ton of wait service around the pool area......but really, I don't have a problem getting up and getting our own drinks (first world problems). We usually did get waited on by the pools at least once a day. Had no problems ever getting service at the various bars inside or outside. As for entertainment, we aren't big "show" people on cruises. After hearing positive reviews from other people, we did decide to go to a couple. The violinist was excellent which really surprised me. It led us to try another, but unfortunately, the juggler was terrible. Forty-five minutes was the perfect length of time for the shows. The gym is well equipped but crowded the first part of the cruise. Excursions......we try not to do them. We don't like being led around by a flag and would rather explore on our own, see what we want to see and take as long or as little as we like. We did, however, take the excursion into Bangkok with tuktuk ride. No complaints. The tuktuk was fun. We did pay to take the bus into Ho Chi Min City......the ship being so far away from the city. It was US $90 each (return) for an 1 1/2 drive. I think this should have either been included by Princess, or drastically cheaper. Disembarkation was a bit of a cluster. Beijing could use twice as many immigration officers to help this process. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and would go with Princess in the future.

Would Cruise Princess Again

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by dabowles

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Asia

The gym is well equipped but crowded the first part of the cruise.

dabowles’s Full Rating Summary