• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

howndder
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

I am writing this review to let others know what actually happened to "me" alone, on the Trans-Atlantic Crossing of Holland America's "Oosterdam".

I took Holland America this time, (my 23rd Tans-Atlantic) because my usual line, "Celebrity", had become less than acceptable. I must say that Celebrity gives me tremendous "Frequent Cruiser Benefits". Much, much , much better than Holland America! MUCH BETTER! But, Celebrity has gotten much worse over the last few years. Their food, which was once fantastic, has changed to the worse. Don't know why, but they did.

I had received an amazing offer from Holland America's Casino, for Caribbean cruises last Fall and realizing that I couldn't possibly cruise for 1 week for what they were offering me, I took 2 cruises, one in "January", on the " Westerdam "and one in "February" on the "Nieuw Amsterdam". They were both fantastic. Yes truly excellent. It was because of that, that I booked the "Eurodam" for April to Barcelona, from Ft. Lauderdale. With a 100% charge, plus 60% surcharge for a single occupancy in an ocean view cabin, I decided it was a wonderful deal and started getting ready for it. (sad, that I had to pay a 160% surcharge, but it is what it is)

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VC

I must start out that my stewards, 2 phenominal guys (i possess no memory) were 2 of the very best ever. I asked for and received superior service. I'm an early riser and like having my cabin done early. By the time i returned from the gym to my cabin to change for breakfast in dining room, it was already cleaned. My problem was that it took 4 seperate calls and visits to correct my overflowing toilet. The guest relations people did try to get me a plumber but was not successful. The plumber that fixed the toilet, then turned the water in the cabin off and that started a whole series of other problems. Like waiting 8 hours to get it turned back on.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

I live in Fort Lauderdale and left from there. Anyone needing help here, should contact me here and I'll be happy to help

Madeira (Funchal)

I have been to Funchal many times and always come here to get some Euros and see what's new

Cartagena (Spain)