3. Allure of the Seas
Family of four, including 2-11 yr olds Spring break. 4th cruise with previous experience being Celebrity and Norwegian. To start off our family enjoyed this experience. Now I'll share the highlights..... Embarkation was hassle free. We arrived about 11:30 and was on the ship within 45 minutes. Our rooms were ready around 1:00. The ship staff was consistently pleasant and helpful. I will start with the one and only negative. The food in the buffet is horrible. The same offerings were provided daily, the buffets design leads to long lines and insufficient seating spaces for the large number of passengers. There is a gluten free section. While complimentary food offerings are provided thoughout the ship, it's typically mini versions of the bad buffet. If you want an omelette, the MDR or the restaurant offers this. Johnny Rockets also provides free breakfast. The main dining room did well, as well as Giovanni's the specialty restaurant. We did have free lobster in the MDR one night. As a norm Lobster, surf and turf as well as Filet Mignon are offered for an additional fee daily. Now to the good stuff... I was impressed with the the ships design and the creativity with emulating neighborhoods. Although we were at capacity it didn't feel crowded. There is a variety of activities available for all. To ensure you maximize your free time reserve all of your activities before you board. If you don't do so you may spend an inordinate amount of time waiting in stand by lines as early as 45 minutes in advance. My husband became a flow rider junkie and we pretty much lost him to that activity the entire cruise. The pool area is a highlight with the area divided into quadrants. On Sea days you should get your chairs early but they are plentiful. Hold onto your beach towels because they post you will be charged 25.00 if you don't return them. Smoking is allowed outside on one side of the pool. The hot tubs are plentiful and spacious and I didn't experience the typical kids crowding the hot tubs. The Solarium area reserved for 16 and over is quite nice and spacious. The spa area is on the lower floors and has no natural light. I would normally purchase day passes, but with no sunlight it was not a consideration. Since you typically gain a few pounds on a cruise I began my fitness and eating regime early. There is a nice fitness area and a running track on a lower floor that allows freedom to exercise without running accidentally into other passengers. Entertainment was quite enjoyable. Mama Mia and Blue Planet was nice. There was an a cappella group that I could not enjoy because the theater was freezing. Kids loved the ice skating shows. The comedy show was excellent. Additional offerings include ice skating (watch the schedule as 50 people can skate for every 30 minute session) adult and children's movies on the big screen, a nice casino (smoking and non smoking) karaoke and several venues for listening to music and dancing the night away. This can be a success as long as you know what to do when...you could end up extremely frustrated without doing some homework and planning in advance.. I waited to purchase the premium drink package and got it for a 20 percent discount one week prior to the cruise... Labadee was a bust because the beach is rocky and the water is frightfully dirty and I don't need to ever go there again -Jamaica and Cozumel were magnificent. I would recommend this cruise to those that want to have a good time and have options.

A Little Something for the Whole Family

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Redee2cruz

Redee2cruz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

I'm writing this review as a comparison to my previous rooms on Celebrity and Norwegian. The positives are that this rooms balcony was spacious enough to accommodate my family of four with chairs. Sufficient storage, drawer and closet space is provided. The room offers a 3 outlet plug which is convienent. Several hooks are anchored into the walls to hang various items. The bathroom however seemed extremely cramped. It affords the typical cruise shower (I'm a tall girl). Shelves are provided for storage. The sofa bed opens into a queen or full size bed which was spacious enough for my 11 yr old twins. The offerings for tv (yes, we watch a bit when we need a break) are limited to the Dreamwork movies for kids, some news channels and I believe 1 normal channel for regular tv. ESPN is included. Movies are 11.99 to view. Overall the room was average and for the price paid I expected more...

This was a port forward room. If there are mobility issues please be mindful of the room location in relation to the elevator banks.
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans